Crazy 8 versus Headshot

Posted By TGray 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea.png
TGray
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello,

So can someone help me justify why I should buy the headshot plugin when I have been using crazytalk 8 to export heads? What are the ease of benefits if any, what are the advantages, what are the differences? Thanks
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If what you have now works for you, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want to see what Headshot can do (and that Crazytalk cannot) there are some fantastic videos out there, both demoing and offering tutorials.  Just Google "Character Creator Headshot" and you'll find them.  (Or search here in the specific Headshot sub-forum).  Heck, I even think on the main page there is a link to them.  You shouldn't need help in finding them.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
diomkal
diomkal
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

For me,it's easier to get what you want faster and easier with Character CreatorHeadshot than crazytalk 8. It’s my opinion, after I’ve worked with both.

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
On other thing. Heads created in CrazyTalk 8 are not compatible with CC3 directly. You have to place them on a CC1 character and then convert to CC3. 

There should be a trial of Headshot. Use the same photo and compare the outcome.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Haratio
Haratio
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Here is the deal for me: AND IMHO. I think that headshot is way better than Crazy Talk 8 for making custom heads from Photo's.

I was modeling a head for a game character based on a couple of photographs of myself in Blender last year. I somehow stumbled across You Tube video's about Character Creator and around July they took 100 dollars off CC3, and iClone 7. I ended up spending around 500 dollars for CC, and iC, and I bought the pipeline and 3D Xchange, and CT8. Now I got pretty good at making custom heads for characters in CT8, and bringing them into CC3, and converting them. 
If I would have had any idea though that just in a few months that Headshot was coming out, and what it did, I would have saved my money on the CT8. I honestly wish I could return it, and or trade it for assets from the store or market place, but it is what it is. 

CC and Headshot, has basically made human 3D modeling child's play. Its pretty much automatic, unless you have specific textures, and or morphs to make an exact state, and then it may be a little time consuming. If though you are just looking for some good characters for games or art, and it doesn't have to be a perfect model of lets say Megan Fox, then you can pump out avatars all day long. 

Reading This Topic