Profile Picture

How to make eyes glow and pupils grow big? (transition to)

Posted By hunterhpm 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to make eyes glow and pupils grow big? (transition to)

Author
hunterhpm
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi, I'm trying to make my character's eyes transition into a glow of the iris and big pupils.

The Iris Color Brightness and Pupil Scale seem to be global unless there is a way to transition these I am missing? Would be perfect if possible.

Also the Glow, Metallic, or Roughness settings for the Eyes are not doing anything. Glow effect for other objects in the scene are working fine.

Any help much appreciated!
Lord_Dreadmoor
Lord_Dreadmoor
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
What works for me is exporting the iris diffuse map to photoshop, then using black to mask out any colors other than the iris. then you adjust the hue or colorize, depending on what color you want to glow and then save, go back to your CC3 editor and drop the file into the glow position. Here's the result.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4d0914e8-4614-4629-958e-0d62.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/db39e112-cb8a-4cca-911a-e8db.png

As far as how to increase or decrease glow during animation, I'm not sure if this will work, but you could try to set a start keyframe in your timeline and have the glow opacity set to 0 and then increase it to 100 at your ending keyframe that you have created for the eye animation. That may work.

artstation.com/dreadmoormediaarts
Am7add9
Am7add9
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Lord_Dreadmoor (3/5/2020)
What works for me is exporting the iris diffuse map to photoshop, then using black to mask out any colors other than the iris. then you adjust the hue or colorize, depending on what color you want to glow and then save, go back to your CC3 editor and drop the file into the glow position. Here's the result.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4d0914e8-4614-4629-958e-0d62.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/db39e112-cb8a-4cca-911a-e8db.png

As far as how to increase or decrease glow during animation, I'm not sure if this will work, but you could try to set a start keyframe in your timeline and have the glow opacity set to 0 and then increase it to 100 at your ending keyframe that you have created for the eye animation. That may work.

yes, you can animate glow strength.
also there's more to iclone glows than just adding a texture in the glow slot

1. the color swatches for ambient and diffuse need to be pure white (animatable)
2. turn on gi (optional)
3. now gi is on, self illumination (animatable) can be set at 100
   and the GI settings also are now available, if you enabled it (the materiel section)
4. (advanced) experiment with the glow settings in the project settings dialog
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/94e6382c-abce-44d9-832f-ddd4.gif

Edited
4 Years Ago by Am7add9
Lord_Dreadmoor
Lord_Dreadmoor
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@Am7add9  I should have clarified, apologies. My method is specifically for the eye setup I am using which maintains a high level of reflective surface gloss in order to emulate the look of eyes in Pixar style animation. So the glow is not overpowering. That being said, I will try your method when I have time on a different model and see what results it may yield.

artstation.com/dreadmoormediaarts
hunterhpm
hunterhpm
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks guys!!

Reading This Topic