Profile Picture

Is there any way to make an avatar slightly transparent?

Posted By abot4ev3r 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Is there any way to make an avatar slightly transparent?

Author
abot4ev3r
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I wish to create a ghost avatar, but whenever i mess with the opacity in the modify textures panel, it makes the limbs i'm editing disappear instantly. Does anyone know if there is a way to make see-through charcaters
wires
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
In the Modify Tab select Materials. Select the first material on the list and in the "Texture Settings" drag the black Metallic up to the Opacity slot. If you aren't using PBR Materials then you will need to just add a Black colour to the Opacity channel.
Next, with the Opacity selected, click on the Adjust Color icon (underlined in Red in the image below). Adjust the Brightness level to the right to get the level of transparency that you want. Repeat this for each and every Material listen for the character, and don't forget to do the same for clothing.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4b1a4665-464b-4178-8e8a-d671.png

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
4 Years Ago by wires
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I wouldn't do it with the opacity slider, because you will look through the avatar and you wil see things, you don't want, like eye balls, theeth, etc.
Create your scene, and your animation. Then you render the scene, without the avatar. After that, you hide the whole scene, except the avatar, then you'll create a green background and then you render the avatar in front of the green background. After that, just import thise two scenes into your videoediting software. You load you render of the scene into the videoeditor and then you put the greenscreen scene above it. Filter the green color out and now is your avatar back in the scene, but rendered as an seperate layer. You apply certain effacts on the avatae, like glowing and reduce the opacity, without compromising the rest of the scene ...

Direx
videodv
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
abot4ev3r (2/20/2020)
I wish to create a ghost avatar, but whenever i mess with the opacity in the modify textures panel, it makes the limbs i'm editing disappear instantly. Does anyone know if there is a way to make see-through charcaters

Hi

I created a plugin to do this but it seems there seems to be a problem when using it with non version 7 cc characters, you will get the same issue if you adjust the materials in the modify panel with Heidi her skin disapears if you set the opacity below 50% and same with Gwyns hair amonge other issues, I will put a request in the feed back tracker.

Chris.

mat365
mat365
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
videodv (2/20/2020)
abot4ev3r (2/20/2020)

Hi

I created a plugin to do this but it seems there seems to be a problem when using it with non version 7 cc characters, you will get the same issue if you adjust the materials in the modify panel with Heidi her skin disapears if you set the opacity below 50% and same with Gwyns hair amonge other issues, I will put a request in the feed back tracker.

Chris.

Hey, a little late, but I wonder if you were able to create that plugin?

Regards,
Matias

Reading This Topic