Profile Picture

Help - Campus 360 Head Issue

Posted By jballpub 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jballpub
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm trying to create a new character using Kent from 360 Campus Hero pak. I exported the character using Pipeline, Head and Body in two separate files. In Photoshop I changed the clothing and skin color in the body. I also changed the skin and hair color of the head, and imported back into Cartoon Animator. The only thing I changed in the head was skin and hair color. No changes to the layer names etc. When I bring it back into Animator the face looks strange - not composed like the original (see attached screen shot). Using the original Kent as a model, I updated all the layers in the New Kent to match same as in original Kent, but the face still looks funny. What else can I do to make my New Kent like Original Kent, only with changed skin and hair color? 
Attachments
KingFace-Capture01.PNG (80 views, 88.00 KB)
KingFace-Capture02.PNG (68 views, 149.00 KB)
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It seems like the 360 Head settings have been modified.
Did you modify the 360 Head settings?
Before you launch it to the external PSD editor, you can save the 360 Head preset as a .sad file.
After changing the skin color and update back to CTA, you can load the .sad file into the 360 head settings.
You can try a look at this method to solve this issue.
jballpub
jballpub
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)

I would love to try this. I've been searching through the user manual on how to save 360 Head preset as a .sad file and I cannot find anything. Can you give me any help on how to do this?
vepop
vepop
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Hi

In Composer Mode, click the 360 Head Creator icon.
Then, click Save Profile (the diskette icon)

Thks.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
Edited
4 Years Ago by vepop
vepop
vepop
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

To change skin color and hair:-
In Composer Mode ...
1,  Click the Layer Manager
2.  Select the face sprite.
3. Click Launch External Image Editor.
4. Make the changes in the image editor.
5. Once done, just click SAVE.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
jballpub
jballpub
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

This worked excellently!
Thank you so much.

jballpub
jballpub
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Maybe I spoke too soon.
Saving Original Kent as .sad file and re-loading it to the New Kent worked wonderfully.
This did not work for Kristen. New Kristen is still all messed up, even after matching the layers correctly and re-loading the .sad file that I exported from the Original Kristen.
I get the same results when I follow the instructions to launch PSD Editor from Composer mode, make changes in Photoshop, then save.
Sad

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/35a98ede-5ae8-4fe9-8573-fd60.png
Edited
4 Years Ago by jballpub
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
jballpub (2/23/2020)
Maybe I spoke too soon.
Saving Original Kent as .sad file and re-loading it to the New Kent worked wonderfully.
This did not work for Kristen. New Kristen is still all messed up, even after matching the layers correctly and re-loading the .sad file that I exported from the Original Kristen.
I get the same results when I follow the instructions to launch PSD Editor from Composer mode, make changes in Photoshop, then save.
Sad

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/35a98ede-5ae8-4fe9-8573-fd60.png

You can pass your issue to RL Feedback Tracker for further investigation.
They will help you, you can attach your character in Feedback Tracker.
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Product/Cartoon-Animator-4?IsSearchReleaseVersion=False
jballpub
jballpub
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I was able to solve this. See screen capture video:

stryan
stryan
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)

The "broken" Kristin head looked like it had to have one or more layers masked within CTA4. I don't know if that was the only issue, but it may be worth masking those face highlight layer(s) and see if that doesn't fix the problem without having to save out as a Custom character. Just food for thought.

Reading This Topic