Profile Picture

Exporting onto UE4 Mannequin Skeleton?

Posted By sleeptalkgames 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sleeptalkgames
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I’m currently using the trial of CC3. Seems like it could be a solid option for my projects. However, every attempt to import the unreal fbx in ue4 on to the UE4 skeleton crashes ue4. When importing otherwise, it imports just fine. I am using the CC3 to UE4 plugin provided.
It is essential that my imported characters share the same skeleton. Anyone had luck with exporting and importing to this skeleton? Would you recommend CC3?
Am7add9
Am7add9
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
i cant speak for using the trial version,but if you follow the instructions
and have the correct ccsetup with the correct version of ue4
everything you make comes in perfectly.
here is the first batch of cc3s i brought in last summer
the first export/import went horribly wrong,
but it was simply one setting was off (i rushed through the tut)

Edited
4 Years Ago by Am7add9
sleeptalkgames
sleeptalkgames
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)Junior Member (237 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
We’re you exporting to the UE4 mannequin Skelton (or other already created skeleton)? I’m able to import with a new skeleton. What I’m trying to do is import to a skeleton that already has anim assets.
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Kia ora

I have a set of character for UE4 brought from a UE4 artist Quang Phan his setup suits me and is great for character that need to change clothing.
What I cant do is make a character in CC3 get it setup and import them to UE4 selecting the Quang Phan UE4 skeleton to that ALL my character can
use the same game mod and contoller/animation setups. if Reallusion wanted to test this they could bankrupt the company by buying Quang's $17 US
Human Base which has a Male and Female character. shadley the issue is in the bone configuration and naming. a utility that could read a UE4 skeleton
and build the characters skeletons to match would be a God sent then at export we would not get all the missmatch or missing bone errors and we could use
any ready made physic's assets rather than have to reinvent the wheel for every character.

Oh and not to mention the expance to the character head and body features we would have for both assets. Build different builds with different facial features
become part of the Quang family of character using RL clothing and character design
Edited
4 Years Ago by Kiwi-Hawk
kmitchell.12catblackstudio...
kmitchell.12catblackstudio...
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
From my experience using IClone for UE4 for a while. Its best to build an animation Library for the game in IClone and then when making characters in IClone Export these anim sets with the character so that the IClone plugin can bring in all animations and character setup with that character. So you can share anim sets across characters. Mind you trying to keep a base skeleton that all other characters can just link into will work but once you start adding characters with weapon mounts or added bones for accessories and other things UE4 starts failing to map that character to a base skeleton. So after months of frustration I just make my animation library for common animations in IClone and each character gets exported with the same general animations (Open door, pick up item etc) and then any unique animation (Attack light 1-5, attack heavy 1-5) and a small handful of male and female animation variations (Walk, run, sprint, etc) 

If you wanted to map the character from IClone to the UE4 manniquin in ue4 that is not possible. as the bone structure is not 1:1 as seen below. 

What you can do is use 3DXChange to import the UE4 Manniquin into I clone as a base for animation. Also you can export all animations you have for him and import this into the IClone library for use mixing and fixing animations. 
Use the UE4 manniquin for designing new animations then save these to the library to be saved out and used with your custom characters. 

Reading This Topic