Posted By Sarah (RL) 4 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Introducing Smart Gallery - An Intelligent Way to Manage Your Assets

Author
Sarah (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Dear Members,

We are very happy to introduce a new service: The Smart Gallery. This new tool was created to solve the difficulty of finding assets, by offering an intelligent way to manage your assets. Now users can manage all their inventory via the Smart Gallery thanks to new features like: Direct installation, search & browse content by pack view or by item view, custom tagging, purchase to download, trial to buy, and assistance for developer content upload. If you are part of a work group with multiple seat licenses, then you can share the same assets under one account for efficient teamwork collaboration. Simply log into your account to enjoy all the new benefits and features.

Interface

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1fa29522-72cf-4a67-90fd-499e.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/854ca32f-692d-4b6f-9113-3f8e.png

Key Features

▾Smart Inventory Management
  • Browse by Pack View: All your purchased content packs are displayed under the Pack View tab. Double-click on the thumbnail to install it, or view all content items in this pack. Right-click to uninstall it or check its product page.
  • Browse by Item View: The easiest way to search all the items in any content type. You can search them by keywords and tags, sort them by content category, or find all items under their original pack. Now there is no need to remember long installation paths.
Workgroup - Multi-Seat Content Access Under One Account
For corporate and studio accounts, that need to manage and share digital assets across teams, each seat member can access the same asset pool when logging into the Smart Gallery.
  • Register multi-seat Reallusion software in one account.
  • Content automatically shared in a workgroup.
  • Assets licensed for commercial use to all workgroup members.
  • No DRM watermark for collaborated projects.
▾Effortless Trial To Buy Experience
Select and add your trial content from the Marketplace. Download them via the Smart Gallery and try before you buy. If you are satisfied with the trials, then you can directly add them to your cart for checkout.

▾Purchase & Install Optimization
When you purchase content in the Content Store or Marketplace, the system will automatically sync with the Smart Gallery during checkout. This will allow you to download and install all your purchased content directly from the Smart Gallery. 

▾Content Management By Tagging
In addition to official tags, the Smart Gallery allows you to define custom tags for selected items. With this, you can effortlessly retrieve content based on your own classification, no matter by project, genre, usage, or abbreviations.

▾Enhanced Developer Experience
Developers can take advantage of the new content pack preparation feature for folder management, Marketplace uploads and downloads.
  • Sync your custom content and projects with the Smart Gallery.
  • Manage folders and paths before uploading.
  • Upload your content to the Marketplace via the Smart Gallery.
  • Download to test your uploaded packs from the Smart Gallery/Developer folder.
Roadmap

Currently, the new content management tool Smart Gallery will be officially introduced in iClone and Character Creator.

We aim to make the Smart Gallery work intelligently to satisfy different user scenarios. You can expect features like:
  • Get a notification for content patch, and update it directly
  • Folder view based on directory of local PC
  • *Support custom name / path of content packs
  • **Content database and tag sharing
  • ***iClone / Character Creator content sharing
*In the current version, the Smart Gallery only recognizes the content packs with default installation location in your local PC.  If you change the content name or file path, you will need to download the installed content from the Smart Gallery again. 
Since we will support custom name and installation path in future updates, you can choose to manage your assets the same way as you currently do inventory management, content download, trial to buy pipeline and content upload of Smart Gallery still benefit you in this case.
**This is an extended feature of custom name/path, which detects the content location of the local PC even when content is stored in different drives. It also benefits the workgroup members who share the content assets under the same account. The tagging settings will be shared to workgroup members along with the project files.
***Some iClone / Character Creator content can be applied to both programs, so it will be more convenient to users if they can access CC content in the iClone Smart Gallery or vice versa.

Learning Resource

For this, we regularly need everyone’s feedback! So you are more than welcome to share your comments, opinions, and suggestions in this forum.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Sarah (RL)
isr
isr
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I installed the smart library yesterday and it completed its "Sync" fairly quickly with a few packages shown on the initial screen which I assumed are "Recommended" as they are not in A to Z order.  Selecting one of the filters seems to have no effect "Project", "Character", "Hair" etc. they don't seem to respond or do anything.  I do have a large(ish) asset library which the "Content" tab is slow to display, but that does display stuff.  I presume it is doing something in the background but my initial experience is disappointing.  I was hoping for it to be quick and to show all the assets.
wires
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
isr (2/29/2020)
I installed the smart library yesterday and it completed its "Sync" fairly quickly with a few packages shown on the initial screen which I assumed are "Recommended" as they are not in A to Z order.  Selecting one of the filters seems to have no effect "Project", "Character", "Hair" etc. they don't seem to respond or do anything.  I do have a large(ish) asset library which the "Content" tab is slow to display, but that does display stuff.  I presume it is doing something in the background but my initial experience is disappointing.  I was hoping for it to be quick and to show all the assets.

Did you click on "Sync Local Content"?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6a13f81e-3a05-43ff-8e91-e5ab.png

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

isr
isr
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)Veteran Member (715 reputation)

Yes, I have tried a local sync, that doesn't seem to do much - progress bar appears scrolls and finishes.  Same with Refresh.

On the menu - selecting All/Installed/Not Installed changes what is displayed, have double clicked on content that wasn't installed and it appears to do an install and the content leaves the display.

However under Pack/Item the All is selected, trying to select any of the items Project/Character/Hair/Cloth... etc or sub items, does nothing.  Similarly Trial/Recommended/Custom, and Tag have no effect.

If I have Pack selected I see icons and a Total of 871 on 4 pages  and Item selected has 34329 over 138 pages.

The filters don't seem to work at all.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
isr (3/2/2020)

However under Pack/Item the All is selected, trying to select any of the items Project/Character/Hair/Cloth... etc or sub items, does nothing.  Similarly Trial/Recommended/Custom, and Tag have no effect.

When you are selecting Project, Character etc. are you choosing one of the sub-categories underneath? If you just choose Project or Character you won't see any changes, but if you choose one of the sub-categories it should filter correctly (it does for me).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1fe0026a-8ccf-49a1-a91e-0dea.png

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

isr
isr
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I wish it did, I try selecting the sub category but nothing happens, its like its not recognising the selection as it doesn't highlight.
I've tried this in both iClone and Character Creator, neither seem to filter.

Pity because it looks great!

Iain
Edward (RL)
Edward (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
isr (3/2/2020)
I wish it did, I try selecting the sub category but nothing happens, its like its not recognising the selection as it doesn't highlight.
I've tried this in both iClone and Character Creator, neither seem to filter.

Pity because it looks great!

Iain

Hello Lain,

In our finding, there has the same problem in some touch screen notebook.
If you are in this case, please wait for our hotfix version.
And you can use Up and Down in the keyboard to switching category temporarily.

If you are not in the case, please submit a support ticket that we can keep tracking your issue. We may need some extra information from your environment.
isr
isr
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thank you, I have 3 standard screens that I use but I also have a Wacom tablet attached for drawing and/or an xp-pen tablet for drawing too.  I am using a Logitech trackball for the input not the tablet.

Using the arrow keys seems to work though not all the packs or items I own seem to be being displayed (I have only installed to default locations too), but one step at a time.  I must say the performance of the filters is impressive now.

I'll wait and see if the update fixes the issue, if it doesn't I can raise a support ticket.

Thanks for your help.
Edward (RL)
Edward (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hello,

The touch screen issue seems fixed in our end.
Here is the hotfix file, please update your .dll by the following step, and let me know whether the issue is gone. LaughLaugh

iClone:
1. Close iClone
2. Uncompress the attached "TouchScreenHotfix.zip" file to local
3. Double click to run the "IC7RepalceQtPlugin.bat"
4. Done

Character Creator:
1. Close Character Creator
2. Uncompress the attached "TouchScreenHotfix_CC.zip" file to local
3. Double click to run the "CC3ReplaceQtPlugin.bat"
4. Done

Edward
Attachments
TouchScreenHotfix.zip (320 views, 343.00 KB)
TouchScreenHotfix_CC.zip (340 views, 343.00 KB)
Edited
4 Years Ago by Edward (RL)
isr
isr
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Edward,

Thank you, yes the patches have resolved the issue.  The Gallery is brilliant a great improvement.

Kind Regards

Iain

Reading This Topic