Profile Picture

How can I get the material setup of Game Base (Single Material) without converting to Game Base?

Posted By michaelVL 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How can I get the material setup of Game Base (Single Material)...

Author
michaelVL
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I would like to have the entire body be a single material, while having hair/eyes be separate. Converting to Game Base accomplishes this, but I don't want to convert. How can I do this?

Thank you
michaelVL
michaelVL
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Bumping thread because I really need to know how to do this. Here's some images, I'd like to have this nice clean UV space which is creating when converting to Game Base: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/37b509c6-8a15-46fe-bc0d-2f13.png

In Comparison, this is when not converted. To be clear, I do not want to convert to Game Base. I just want to have the same material setup as Game Base when exporting, but I've been unable to figure out how. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3ba8b887-9e51-4364-b3ee-3cd1.png

a
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
To get a standard CC3 character with a single material you have to export the FBX and choose the Merge Materials option. There are three options to choose from. If you then wanted to improve the UV layout further you would need to do this in an external 3D modeller.  For example 3Ds Max has an excellent UV Editor which allows you to map out the UV any way you wish.

https://manual.reallusion.com/Character_Creator_3/ENU/3/Content/Character_Creator_3/3/17_Export/Merging_Materials.htm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Be nice if the doc file showed the UV layout for each, or is that jsut a random toss into the UV space?

Reading This Topic