Profile Picture

Change world origin position

Posted By palminas 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
palminas
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello. 

I find it strange that the center of the document is actually in the lower area, not in the center. 

I want 0,0 to be in the direct center of my animation, not on the ground. 

Where can I change this? 
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The default view in Cartoon Animator may make it look like the origin is not in the center but if you switch to 3D View you will see this is correct. Of course while you are in 2D View you can use Pan (X) to move the view to the required position.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

palminas
palminas
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)

I am trying to make a square animation of a circular artwork. 

I am able to make it square, but the origin is definitely not in the center, which makes the job of animating much harder. I want to be able to bring in 12 circular items, and position them all centered, and then spin some of them. The center is not in the center, though. 

If I put in 0,0 for the position of the circular item, this is what I am given. 

How to I move 0,0 to be in the center of the square?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/82d49bfe-2a6e-4dab-a534-490d.jpg
palminas
palminas
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Apologies, you already answered it. I just had to pan down. I scratched my head on this for literally hours. This program works in ways I am not used to just yet, from my Corel and Serif background. I appreciate the help. Sorry for what must seem like a really stupid question, it was super easy. Click, move the mouse. 

Reading This Topic