Profile Picture

Help with small animation

Posted By morales8510 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
morales8510
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi all, I need help please with one normal animation.

I have a side desk and a side actor, on the desk there is a cup, so in the z-axis from back to front I have the actor, then the desk and then the cup. So I want that the actor grabs the cup but the actors arm and hand always shows behind everything and cannot reach the cup, so my question is, is there a tutorial or someone knows and idea of how I can get the arm and hand like to be in front of desk and grab the cup?

Thank you so much everyone.

To a better understanding, this is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwb6uLsbb7w&feature=youtu.be and in the 0:20sec I will like to do that but arm and hands shows behind.
vepop
vepop
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Do the anmation for the actor first.
Then duplicate the character.  One character with all the body parts except the part reaching for the cup.
While the other character with only the body part (supposed to be in front of the desk). 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
kylelee
This post has been flagged as an answer
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
morales8510 (2/11/2020)
Hi all, I need help please with one normal animation.

I have a side desk and a side actor, on the desk there is a cup, so in the z-axis from back to front I have the actor, then the desk and then the cup. So I want that the actor grabs the cup but the actors arm and hand always shows behind everything and cannot reach the cup, so my question is, is there a tutorial or someone knows and idea of how I can get the arm and hand like to be in front of desk and grab the cup?

Thank you so much everyone.

To a better understanding, this is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwb6uLsbb7w&feature=youtu.be and in the 0:20sec I will like to do that but arm and hands shows behind.

There is my testing, I create two characters, one is the main character, another is Left Hand (body part).
I attached the left hand with the main character and edited the left-hand motion.
At switch time, I just set a Z key, I have attached my project to you as a reference.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnu3fdk5g4r7cn3/TESTHand.ctProject?dl=0

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3b2ccf5a-5f84-4a2c-bc17-d430.gif
Edited
4 Years Ago by kylelee
morales8510
morales8510
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)

wow thanks so much, it really helpfull, although I am new in this.
Two small questions please, did you use left-hand with arm part as a prop? and how did you attach that arm to the shoulder bone in the composer?

Thank you so much
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

morales8510 (2/12/2020)
wow thanks so much, it really helpfull, although I am new in this.
Two small questions please, did you use left-hand with arm part as a prop? and how did you attach that arm to the shoulder bone in the composer?

Thank you so much

My left-hand is another character (Free Bone), use "Attach" the function to the main character. 
You can download my project to further know how to do that.
If you still have problems, I can record a video for you.
morales8510
morales8510
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I am very thankful for your help, I downloaded the project, that's what I wanted, even I copied your theme the black one is just Awesome, but if you can really help me with a video will be also excellent due the fact that I don't know how can you create that bone character of the arm and hand, like do you do it first in photoshop, because I was trying to put 2 characters and 1 of them just erase all of the sprites except that arm part but I could attach it.

Thank you so much.
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

morales8510 (2/13/2020)
I am very thankful for your help, I downloaded the project, that's what I wanted, even I copied your theme the black one is just Awesome, but if you can really help me with a video will be also excellent due the fact that I don't know how can you create that bone character of the arm and hand, like do you do it first in photoshop, because I was trying to put 2 characters and 1 of them just erase all of the sprites except that arm part but I could attach it.

Thank you so much.

This video is my testing, hope this video can help you to solve your issues.
I upload it to youtube, but this video too long.
I separate this video and provide it to you as a reference.
Thank you.

Edited
4 Years Ago by kylelee
morales8510
morales8510
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Wow thanks so much, I think there is a problem with youtube or the video, it doesn't load me the video. Do you have a youtube channel that I can follow?
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

morales8510 (2/14/2020)
Wow thanks so much, I think there is a problem with youtube or the video, it doesn't load me the video. Do you have a youtube channel that I can follow?

Sorry, I have updated and separate the video.
morales8510
morales8510
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks you so much, I wouldn't have done it if it wasnt for that video, the part of photoshop and the attachment now is so clear, Thanks a lot

Reading This Topic