Profile Picture

Iclone 7 Export to FBX is broken - cannot get mocap character to Unity

Posted By ian71hudson 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Iclone 7 Export to FBX is broken - cannot get mocap character to...

Author
ian71hudson
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello,

I created a character in cc3 which I sent to IClone 7. I Used my Xbox Kinect to add some mocap animation.
The issue I face is that I cannot export the character and animation back out of I clone 7 so that I can import it into Unity.
If I use the export function from the file dropdown I am told

' You have -1 days remaining on this trail period... … …. …. 
You have -1 exports remaining... 
Animation exceed 20 seconds with be truncated'

If I open 3dxexchange and use IClone 7 to send the character to it. It gets the character in a T-pose but with no animation that I can see, the playback bit at the bottom is disabled.
So I guess it exported the character but left the animation behind. 

Additionally if I export the character from 3dxexchange there is not texture directory created so the asset/character is grey in color after import into Unity.

I have the 3dexchange auto setup installed in my unity project.

I am using trials for all the software but I am coming close to having zero tries left to get a mocap character into Unity. Do I need different versions (pro)  to get to where I want to get

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ian

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Ian

If you are using trial versions I assume you also have the trial of Character Creator 3 Pipeline. This is the best way to export characters to Unity and doesn't require 3DXchange 7 Pipeline. With CC3 you just load the saved iClone 7 motion files on the FBX Export panel and choose the Unity preset. If you need tutorials the link below should help find plenty of help.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Character+Creator+3+unity

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ian71hudson
ian71hudson
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info, that's great if I don't need 3dexchange7

How do I save out the mocap motion data out of IClone 7 without it being a fbx export.
Is it a process different to the exporting of fbx as that's where I see the 'trial expired -1 , exports -1 error' currently.

Kind regards,
Ian
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
If you just want to save a single motion clip, then all you need to do in iClone 7 is right click it on the Timeline and choose 'Save'. This will then save the motion clip in the .rlMotion format which can be loaded into Character Creator 3 Pipeline when exporting your character. However if you want to gather several motion clips and keys into one file you can use 'Collect Clip'. This is explained below.

https://manual.reallusion.com/iClone_7/ENU/Pro/Default.htm#iClone_7/Pro_7.4/09_Animation_Timeline_Editing/Collect_Clip_Track.htm

Please Note: When using 'Collect Clip' choose Motion for body animation only and MotionPlus for body and facial animation.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic