Head shot side view

Posted By tedstrickler 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tedstrickler
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Having trouble loading in the side image of the character. First loaded the face image (Headshot). Did some shaping but wanted to check how it looked from side view so I attempted to load a side view of my character and it refused to accept it. Said it didn't recognize a face. Well, that is because its not a face but a side view. I seem to be missing a step. The tutorials I've been watching make it look easy to switch between the two but they do it so fast I cant see what or how they are doing it.
Character Creator 3 with the Headshot plugin.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You will need to load a separate image plane for the side view. Note that you get no texture input to your model. It's pure;y as a sculpting reference.

tedstrickler
tedstrickler
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thank you, Rampa. That tutorial helps so I will see if I can put it into action. I'll probably watch it a few more times.
familiadeehlers2009
familiadeehlers2009
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I watched that video..and all he does is drag the image over the character...
In CC 3.41 and using Headshot Pro...It the "No You Can't" icon on a dragged-image...there is nowhere I have found to add a new image plane!
Edited
3 Years Ago by familiadeehlers2009
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
familiadeehlers2009 (5/5/2021)
I watched that video..and all he does is drag the image over the character...
In CC 3.41 and using Headshot Pro...It the "No You Can't" icon on a dragged-image...there is nowhere I have found to add a new image plane!

As clearly explained in excellent English during the video you need to use the right mouse button to drag the image into Character Creator and select "Image Layer" from the menu box when you release the image. The speaker also clearly explains the differences between using Planes and Image Layers to accomplish the tasks.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
3 Years Ago by wires
radekmotycka
radekmotycka
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
This is SO unintuitive. Even though I heard him clearly saying that, I suspected it was some weird, personal setting of his. I grew up on Windows, so can't speak for the rest of us, but for me at least, the only time you right click on anything, it's *not* because you want to drag and drop it elsewhere...
wires
wires
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
radekmotycka (5/2/2022)
This is SO unintuitive. Even though I heard him clearly saying that, I suspected it was some weird, personal setting of his. I grew up on Windows, so can't speak for the rest of us, but for me at least, the only time you right click on anything, it's *not* because you want to drag and drop it elsewhere...

It would appear from your comments that while you may be growing up with Windows, you haven't yet matured.

There is no "weird personal" anything in what was demonstrated. This has been standard procedure in both Character Creator and iClone for years. Selecting an image file using the right mouse button and dragging it into the scene will present the user with a number of options regarding how the image is applied.

All of this is explained in the user manuals.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 minute ago
wires (5/2/2022)
radekmotycka (5/2/2022)

It would appear from your comments that while you may be growing up with Windows, you haven't yet matured.

There is no "weird personal" anything in what was demonstrated. This has been standard procedure in both Character Creator and iClone for years. Selecting an image file using the right mouse button and dragging it into the scene will present the user with a number of options regarding how the image is applied.

All of this is explained in the user manuals.

In fact, dragging and right clicking for additional options is a Windows function not limited to just RL software...Blink

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

BiggsTrek
BiggsTrek
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I found this all immensely useful!  Thanks!

https://marketplace.reallusion.com/iclone/author/biggstrek

General Picture Animation
General Picture Animation
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
animagic (5/2/2022)

In fact, dragging and right clicking for additional options is a Windows function not limited to just RL software...Blink

Right-clicking for options is a universal Windows standard.
Right-dragging is not, so calling it bizarre is closer to the truth. 

Animating now to life itself --Walt Whitman 

Reading This Topic