Profile Picture

Is it possible to edit bones in 3Dxchange?

Posted By thagreatbelow 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
thagreatbelow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello all,
I've recently purchased 3dxchange pipeline, and iclone 7, but I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm exporting from Blender, and using Auto Rig Pro to help with the armature creation, but I ran into a problem, that is the exported file only includes the bones, and no mesh as seen in this photo https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2ee078b3-6fb0-4a9c-88f9-86ca.png

Not being one to give up so easily, I purchased an additional addon called "better FBX exporter", and it solves one problem but creates another. The mesh is there, but there are far too many bones. https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/86292d68-999f-43ba-8fe4-f4ba.png

This is what the file looks like in Blender
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f2a9e32d-9b94-4405-9cd7-efcd.png

This is just a .OBJ file I downloaded off of sketch fab to learn how to do all this stuff. I have aspirations to use MoCap and apply it to a 3d mesh, so I'm focusing on learning how to do that, but I am having lots of problems, and it's not as simple as I had initially imagined (Nothing ever is is it?). Since some of the bones happen to line up, I decided to assign them and I followed a tutorial that used a Mixamo mesh/FBX, but unfortunately my mesh didn't animate (It did when I used the Mixamo FBX though). Would it be possible to delete the extra bones in 3dxchange? Would it be possible to create a rig for a mesh/.OBJ file from within 3dxchange itself? Would I be better off using a different addon? I can't afford the professional software like Maya to do these things :/ I really hope I can get it to work with Blender. Does anybody have any recommendations for me? Would I be better off manually creating a rig myself and placing the bones one by one? I appreciate any help or guidance that anybody can provide for me! Thank you for your time! 
wires
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Take a look at the posts in this thread, and also have a read through some of the information contained in this older CC2 Forum area on the Blender workflow.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

thagreatbelow
thagreatbelow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Just a follow up to my most, the problem has been solved! After purchasing "Better FBX importer" on blender market, I wrote the developer and he responded with this 

"Though 'Better FBX Add-on' can export Auto-Rig Pro armature, it is not re-targetable, I recommend that you use Auto-Rig Pro to export to FBX file.

When using Auto-Rig Pro, after adding the armature, then click 'Match to Rig' enter 'Object' mode, select the character and the armature, bind the character to the armature.

Select the mesh and the armature, then click 'Export FBX...' button, check 'Selection Only' and uncheck 'Bake Actions', then export.

I have tested the workflow, the exported armature and the character is good."

It worked perfectly! Leaving this here for anybody else who runs into this problem. 

raven.art
raven.art
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (55 reputation)New Member (55 reputation)New Member (55 reputation)New Member (55 reputation)New Member (55 reputation)New Member (55 reputation)New Member (55 reputation)New Member (55 reputation)New Member (55 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Attachments
icloneproblem.PNG (90 views, 165.00 KB)

Reading This Topic