Posted By marietto2008 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Importing bvh / fbx created by brekel inside iclone / 3dxchange

Author
marietto2008
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Hello to everyone.

I'm trying to import a BVH / FBX file (which contains my head/mouth movements) file into Iclone 7 / 3DXchange 7. The BVH file has been produced by this tool :

https://brekel.com/pro-face-2-retail-installer-download/ ;

it contains the movements of my face,my mouth and my head while I'm talking in front of my kinect v.2. What I want to do is to import the BVH file (or the FBX file,because the tool is able to create also that) inside ICLONE or 3DXchange and then make the retargeting,attaching a face,created with CC3 and finally,importing everything inside Unreal engine 4. My project freezes when I import those files. Infact as soon as I import the BVH file inside 3DXchange 7,this is what I see :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NtZzxh_dTsoaEIfMgSJ4mciA7yTAkXPo/view

and I don't know what to do further. Instead,when I import the FBX file,this is what I see :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FU5fx7XXfGqUL0aMCnhjU1igJCK4yTps/view

and the play button is greyed out. Instead,when I import the FBX file inside Iclone 7 I see that the head moves correctly,but the mouth does not move at all. I tried also to import the FBX file inside Character Creator 3,but it asks for the FBX key that I don't have. Do u have some suggestion to give me ?

Edited
4 Years Ago by marietto2008
marietto2008
marietto2008
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
links fixed
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I know you reached out to me privately, but I see all posts on these forums and when I saw this one I truly had no great ideas about it.  BVH files as a rule need a T-Pose in order to get them to work inside of 3DX and unless you can create one of those you may not be able to get started (and I don't have any time whatsoever right now to look at this in detail).

FBX files are even more problematic, as the format itself isn't really reliable (and there are so many flavors of it).  I wish you the best of luck but this is not something I can help you with.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
ruscular
ruscular
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It is my understanding that Brekel made the format to work with Genesis character in DAZ. I have not purchase the Pro face but that was my plan to animate the DAZ character and then bring it in to Iclone thru 3dExchange. I ask once what were the difference of using Daz character vs Iclone character. I also ask if there was a way to use DAZ breast bounce effect into Iclone and was given a set of instruction of how to import and turn on the breast bone in 3D exchange. I am wondering do Iclone have all the same bones that DAZ character have in the mouth and just need to be turn on the same way? Does brekel pro face have a export format for Iclone character?
ruscular
ruscular
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I finally found the parameter to enable spring bone to get the breast bounce more naturally. But i don't see a way to adjust the parameter in the setting of the spring bone to open up wider. It only goes to 11, and wondering if this is a reference to "This is Spinal Tap" of why it stop at 11?

I been using Brekel pro body version 3 with the multi cam kinectv2, and tried the Iclone Kinect mocap, but the two software are conflicting and wont run unless I removed the driver for the Brekel mocap system. I would be interested to hear how they compared. Who does a better job with using one kinectv2 and if there is any plan to support KinectV4 (Azure Kinect) ?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
If I recall correctly, Brekel has a T-pose checkbox that you can check to always export a T-pose with your mocap, I think it exported FBX, which was easily converted in 3DXchange to the iClone rig.

Reading This Topic