Hair Layers?

Posted By kmitchell.12catblackstudio... 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kmitchell.12catblackstudio...
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
So I'm practicing making Layered Hair In ZBrush and One thing that I see that would help is if some hair styles could just mixed and matched in CC3. Currently when adding hair it detects that there is a Hair Body currently in the scene and just replaces. If we could assign a layer or a group category for hair parts that could help from making so many styles and could add some variety for creating custom characters. 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fd23893c-d07c-4d11-a99a-0f14.jpg

Currently to make hair faster I have several modular parts that I can duplicate and build other Unique hairs from. As I was making this modualr system I wished that this level of modular creation could be in the native application. 

Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

I was also thinking of making some hair proxys for faster hair skinning. Currently I use Long Hair and Short hair in the lib to help copy the rigging data from but there are issues with the smooth of bend with copying the hair skinning data. 

My current solution that I will try as soon as I finish making hair is to make a few low poly hair meshes and pair them to the model and go to blender or 3ds max to make a better general skin weights for the prototyle hair and then use these to auto rig my new hair lib. 

Hair Prototypes: 

Short
Long
Pony Tail
Side bangs 
Braid over should prototypes
Long Hair Over Shoulder

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You can do what you want -- just store the "hair" as an accessory (either don't weight it as hair or convert it to an accessory).  Then when/if you want you can always combine two or more accessories (using the Modify menu) and then weight them as hair.

I do this all the time (not for women's hairstyles, but I have a number of pieces to construct the men's style I want).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (1/26/2020)
You can do what you want -- just store the "hair" as an accessory (either don't weight it as hair or convert it to an accessory).  Then when/if you want you can always combine two or more accessories (using the Modify menu) and then weight them as hair.

I do this all the time (not for women's hairstyles, but I have a number of pieces to construct the men's style I want).

Didn't think of that. Might use the top 5 Layers for hair parts. Thanks. 

Reading This Topic