Profile Picture

Character Creator Export to Daz Studio

Posted By joramabbas 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
joramabbas
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I was wondering if it's possible for future upgrade of character creator Pipeline., to  include an option to Export a character to Daz studio.
Already we have options for Blender, Unreal,etc,  But not for Daz.
When other options are used...FBX, OBJ. etc they never let you import the skeleton of the model.

Thanks in advance!
hkhaneveer
hkhaneveer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
If it makes you feel any better, exporting to Blender doesn't work.
vidi
vidi
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
joramabbas (1/25/2020)
I was wondering if it's possible for future upgrade of character creator Pipeline., to  include an option to Export a character to Daz studio.
When other options are used...FBX, OBJ. etc they never let you import the skeleton of the model.

Thanks in advance!

long as DAS is not interested in enabling a propper fbx import from  third party source  , RL cannot do anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

vidi
vidi
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

hkhaneveer (7/25/2020)

I do not use Blender, but there are so many Blender user here without complaint, so that I cant believe it .

liebe Grüße vidi

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 25 minutes ago
vidi (7/25/2020)
hkhaneveer (7/25/2020)

I do not use Blender, but there are so many Blender user here without complaint, so that I cant believe it .

You are correct, exporting to Blender DOES work.

Exporting to DAZ  would work if DAZ fixes their FBX import. Try to ask that in their forum and see what happens...Tongue

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
vidi (7/25/2020)
joramabbas (1/25/2020)

Thanks in advance!

long as DAS is not interested in enabling a propper fbx import from  third party source  , RL cannot do anything.

I think a true import to Daz would require 2 things:
1) a way to convert morphs from CC3 to Daz Genesis (2, 3, 8)
2) a way to convert textures from CC3 to Daz Genesis (2, 3, 8)

Now, transformer does #2, in reverse (Daz to CC3), so likely it is possible if RL would give us a Reverse-Transformer

With #1, you would need to architect a CC3 to Daz .duf file directly, creating a fully fledged Daz character, not involving a FBX.

vidi
vidi
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

RL do not programming DAZ Studio
duf is the native format from DAZ , but RL only use the shape  from a open fbx export format , it is like wrap
maybe you ask DAZ directly to integrate rigged 3th party content.

liebe Grüße vidi

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

I wouldn't want RL to spend any resources on a reverse pipeline given the hostility of DAZ towards RL.

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
animagic (9/19/2020)
I wouldn't want RL to spend any resources on a reverse pipeline given the hostility of DAZ towards RL.

@Vidi - that is what RL currently does, but that does not mean RL couldn't do more than that (move beyond programming with FBX).

@Animagic - What is the hostility though, because even if theoretically everyone in the Daz forum scolded and lambasted RL, CC3, and iClone, it means nothing technically, it just means people didn't address it positively in the forums. 
But this means nothing. I don't think Daz could do much if RL concocted their own 'base' morphable-through-CC3 Genesis figure, right?
Now, I think to be on the Daz store it would need Dazian approval, but outside of that, RL could be like any other developer who offers Genesis products outside of the official Daz store. 
In fact, the morphing could take place outside of Daz completely, like it would in the case of Renderosity.  And people speak of that openly and friendly in the forums, albeit it's not popular enough to post on and on and on about.

To the OP - it is fun imagining CC3-morphing a Daz Genesis outside of Daz, to then go into Daz, and rendering.  If you were very good in Daz, and have a lot of Daz content, it speeds up exploring your CC3 character with that universe of accessories and props...and still rendering! 
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Tony, the hostility stems from the moderators, who, I assume, sort of speak for DAZ, just like on the RL forum.

Personally, I don't really care, but I think there are more important features RL could spent time on.

Reading This Topic