Please help - problem Livelinking Non-standard character into unreal

Posted By mrjmwolff 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Please help - problem Livelinking Non-standard character into unreal

Author
mrjmwolff
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi All,
Really excited about Livelink. Please could someone help me with the problem shown below in the video. My non-standard character works fine in Iclone etc but only moves its position and not the rest of its body in Unreal. Any help greatly appreciated. (Sorry the demo of the problem is 17 seconds in)

Edited
4 Years Ago by mrjmwolff
unit23
unit23
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
mrjmwolff (1/22/2020)
Hi All,
Really excited about Livelink. Please could someone help me with the problem shown below in the video. My non-standard character works fine in Iclone etc but only moves its position and not the rest of its body in Unreal. Any help greatly appreciated. (Sorry the demo of the problem is 17 seconds in)

Hi, basically you need to assign an animation to your character (idle, walking, running). But perhaps you have no compatible animations yet, in which case you want to map your new custom character skeleton bones to the default EPIC skeleton first. There is a tutorial on how to prepare/import none-standard characters via 3DXchange. 

Unreal Live Link Plug-in Tutorial - Importing Non Standard Characters into iClone via 3DXchange 

However, you may also be able to map your character skeleton inside Unreal accordingly. To achieve this the following tutorials are recommended 

General introduction to Unreal skeletons, and how to scale differently sized characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkcJ5bjGPsg

Explanation on how to map skeleton bones from a custom character to the Unreal skeleton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9aLbZLdeA

Edited
4 Years Ago by unit23
mrjmwolff
mrjmwolff
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Unit23,

Sorry for delay, meant to thank you for your very kind and comprehensive reply. Many thanks. I found out from Rampa that the problem I have is actually a bug from the Unreal Livelink tool and is being dealt with. It isn't unforuantely  solvable at the moment but is being looked into in an upcoming fix. Many thanks for your time in trying to help me.

Best Jonathan 

Reading This Topic