Profile Picture

CC3 Exported characters are merging materials into one material in Substance Painter.

Posted By SagaStudios 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

CC3 Exported characters are merging materials into one material in...

Author
SagaStudios
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/45f98432-3fb1-4947-a487-7895.pngWhy is it when I export a character and want to paint it in Substance Painter everything comes in as one material now?  I can't seem to figure out why that is.  Any ideas if this is a bug or a new setting?https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fb59e60d-a956-4dc3-9544-064d.png
Edited
4 Years Ago by SagaStudios
SagaStudios
SagaStudios
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

I have also attempted to export from CC2 and it doesn't work there, so it means that it has changed shared information.  I further uninstalled Unreal LiveLink and that didn't fix the issue.  I have also tried to retexture in 3ds Max and it won't let me do that so that means it is in the FBX and/or the OBJ.
SagaStudios
SagaStudios
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So, I hate Reallusion Hub this is the third time I have either gotten a corrupted update or it corrupted the registry.  I refreshed the computer reinstalled manually (what I am allowed to now) all the software and as soon as I did it was working correctly again.  The problem is that 3 days before I installed the Unreal LiveLink it was fine after it wasn't.  No exported files from CC3, CC2 or iClone worked.  Yes I have Pipeline for everything.  It didn't work as a FBX or and OBJ.  The fact that all of these programs have shared data and files is why it is most likely the new install because otherwise it wouldn't have affected all three programs.
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
How do you export your FBX? I just tried the direct export from CC and all textures are separate.

I don't use LiveLink, but it may be that by going that route a texture atlas is created for efficiency. 

So what you would do is do the 3DCoat work first on a direct export from CC and then do your LiveLink.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
4 Years Ago by animagic
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
SagaStudios (1/21/2020)
Why isit when I export a character and want to paint it in Substance Painter everything comes in as one material now?  I can't seem to figure out why that is.  Any ideas if this is a bug or a new setting?

As Animagic mentioned, please tell us more about your export settings and workflow (LOD? Game Base? etc). Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic