Handling teeth in source photo?

Posted By tbseo 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tbseo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Sometimes the only good picture I can find has a wide smile or other facial expression that shows alot of teeth.  When I put it in headshot the teeth usually end up embedded in the lip texture and the lip (usually lower) ends up being twice as thick.
 What's the best way of handling this? 
I don't suppose there's a way to do this so the teeth are recognized and actually adjust the models teeth to match?   If not then can I at least have the teeth not factor in at all?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
RL has a good tutorial video showing how to handle an open mouth.  Basically it involves using the Pro mode and adjusting the mouth via morphs and then baking and re-projecting the photo.  As you re-project with the mouth adjusted you eventually end up with the teeth not showing on the lips (or if they show a bit you can clean up in Photoshop).

Try doing a web search on the RL Headshot tutorials to see the deets.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
tbseo
tbseo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks. I think I found the tutorial. 

Reading This Topic