Posted By Angel2nz 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Creating custom motions or animations like ".ctMotion" files

Author
Angel2nz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Curious as to how to edit or create from scratch my own personal animation motions. Like a trip/fall animation or flip/splat cycle that I could apply to my animations. Is there a way to use an already created motion, edit and save it for future use? Im working on a simple animation, pie in the face, and now I would like he impact to flip the character 360 and land flat face down. Love the motions included with the software, but would like to learn how to tweak them without ruining the native motion file. BTW this would be done for 2D animations Thanks!!!
Edited
4 Years Ago by Angel2nz
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi...

You can certainly create or edit motions and then save them for later use.

The basic steps to customise an existing motion clip would be the following:

1. Load a motion clip onto your G3 character.
2. Use the 2D Motion Key Editor (K) to edit the motion to your requirements.
3. In Content Manager switch to Custom > Animation > Motion
4. Now select the Motion Clip you want to save on the Timeline > Motion track and then click the ADD + button at the bottom of Content Manager to save it.
5. You can also use Collect Clip to group different motion elements together into one file. Please click the link below for more on this feature.

https://manual.reallusion.com/Cartoon_Animator_4/ENU/Pipeline/Content/Resources/ENU/09_Timeline/Collecting_Expression_or_Motion_Clips.htm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Angel2nz
Angel2nz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)Veteran Member (733 reputation)

Thx Peter! very helpful. I created a flip/splat move that I liked. One of the things I would hope to do is "attach" the pie to the face of the character after He has been hit. right now, I get the pie tot he face, and the character falls, but the pie is floating in the air. The only way I figured out was doing a key frame and moving the pie with the character. there must be a more effecient method Smile
@
rigomak974
rigomak974
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Thank you for the opportunity to apply to my site. I can’t always think about the basic steps.Smile

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Edited
4 Years Ago by rigomak974
vepop
vepop
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/50b4f369-894d-4a31-b257-411f.gif

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
Angel2nz
Angel2nz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I like your animation! How would you set it up if your character, say, were to fall back with the egg oozing on his face after the hit? How would you attach that prop or animation to the character?

Edited
4 Years Ago by Angel2nz
vepop
vepop
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
You can either attach the egg to the head in Composer Mode or
link the egg to the head in Stage Mode.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here

Reading This Topic