What Miss Lollipop taught me - and a new release

Posted By Colonel_Klink 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Colonel_Klink
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Sometimes you just have to take a break from a project so that you can revitalise and recharge with new vigor. This is what I did a couple of weeks ago and took a break from Substance Designer and dragged out  Sketchup and Rocket 3F. I found a photograph of a small fishing boat scale model on Pinterest and I began to build it. The actual modeling took no time at all and in a couple of days it was ready to be UV'ed and textured... There things went from bad to worse and varying degrees off and on in between. The model went back and forth between 3D Coat and Substance Painter, and tweaking in Rocket 3F. This got to be a hair pulling exercise along with colorful language, and a laptop that decided to give me the 'blue screen of death' several times.
Anyway to cut a long tedious story short, these are the lessons I learned: 1. Don't merge parts of a model together until you have uv'ed and tested each part is properly uv'ed; 2. create materials separately in Substance Painter and then bring them together in iClone or 3DXchange (mainly to save computing resources otherwise you spend a lot of time waiting for painter to update; 3. Don't try to reload an altered model back into your Painter projects because Murphy's law will break the process, and 4. Do a proper Google search for your reference materials ( I found actual plans for the trawler when the modeling and texturing was finished).

So there it is my on again off again relationship with Miss Lollipop... Oh and after all this several other boat models I began as far back as 2004 have been screaming at me "What about us?"   Well. they haven't really but... there is a career waiting for me there.

Getting back to business. "Miss Lollipop: is now on Prop Masters at a 50% discount for a limited period. Get Miss Lollipop Here

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0f7ea070-cea3-4fcc-910f-9aab.png

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 56 minutes ago
It is certainly a very nice-looking boat, Bob!  I think I'll get her for a future story (I don't know what yet...Unsure ).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic