Profile Picture

Cartoon Animator 4 G1 Pupper Editor not working

Posted By daisymig 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
daisymig
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello,
I ran a search on here and google to see if there was a bug reported on my issue. I love the G3 characters, but I have a lot of G1 characters I would still like to use as is. While using Cartoon Animator 4 I ran into a problem, while running the Puppet Editor on a G1 Character. Lets say G1 Cherry, if you hit the space bar to preview a simple walk, the character walks just fine and smoothly. While you're recording after hitting the space bar, it walks just fine, however when you run the clip animation from the timeline, the recorded animation is soooooooooooo slow and it only basically jitters no walking. I thought I was crazy and doing something wrong since I just upgraded to Cartoon Animator 4 and I haven't played with CTA3 for a long, long time and even then I was a newb. So I fired up CTA3 and tested the above and it worked awesome as it's supposed to.

My work around for this is to export the motion clip recorded in CTA3 with the Puppet Editor and the G1 Character and importing the .ctMotion file to CA4. But unless I'm missing some new step in CA4 (which I problably am), then this is a bug. In which case I will be relieved that's not me doing it incorrectly and hope it gets fixed.

If someone can please run this test on their version of Cartoon Animator 4 and post if they ran into the same problem as me, I would appreciate it very much, cause this is driving me insane lol

TIA
Daisy
Edited
4 Years Ago by daisymig
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi... Thank you for notifying us of this issue. The CTA team will investigate the problem. When I know more I will update again.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic