Profile Picture

Cartoon Animator 4.2 & Motion LIVE 2D 1.1 Leak

Posted By Ola(RL) 4 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
wu_tone
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Nice! Please let us know what the mandatory requirements for this are...!? I believe someone had asked and I kept coming back here to see if any reply was given toward the first request.... But from what I keep seeing, this LEAP motion gadget is mandatory for this to work alongside of the LIVE 2D plugin, correct? Want to know so I can get this bad boy as soon as it drooooooops! Thanks
o2u
o2u
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I want to join a beta test program if RL has.
How do you think everyone?
By the way, I have already purchased Leap MotionTongueTongueTongue
feelingood
feelingood
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi, is it possible to use two same hands, like two people shaking hand or saying cheers with drinks? or is it limited only to the left and right hand?
wu_tone
wu_tone
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)Junior Member (109 reputation)

It's been 3 months and I still haven't received a response to my post, SMH
Edited
4 Years Ago by wu_tone
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

@wu_tone

I would quote your post but you’ve got a command line to repeat scroll for some strange reason in your response. RL is probs still working on this if I had to guess they’re trying to tinker with Leap Motion to see how usable it is and refine it before stating too much.

As it stands now LM is part of motion live for Iclone and it works great as a finger capture device. It can capture up to elbows which are shown on the videos here. In iclone it’s hit or miss capturing forearms and using IK to move the rest of the body parts around. But that’s where it stops. There is no additional capture from LM.

The first vid clearly shows a full Mocap suit, looks like Perception Neuron Pro or Studio without the gloves. I’d venture that you’ll need that for full body motion capture. The LM you place on your desktop and move your hands/arms around it. Can’t see a way that would include full body like a walk cycle, jumping kicking etc. They would have tried that in iclone already.

Motion live will probs support both devices, but LM will be limited to finger, hand and forearm movement maybe up to the shoulders and such if they can figure a way to work that, but no way full body mocap. However, if they are able to translate 3D motions to 2D that’s great news because we “should” be able to use 3D imotions with the new gen characters like you can with Gen 2 characters. That’s pretty cool and will open some doors!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

wu_tone
wu_tone
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

kungphu (4/25/2020)
@wu_tone

I would quote your post but you’ve got a command line to repeat scroll for some strange reason in your response. RL is probs still working on this if I had to guess they’re trying to tinker with Leap Motion to see how usable it is and refine it before stating too much.

As it stands now LM is part of motion live for Iclone and it works great as a finger capture device. It can capture up to elbows which are shown on the videos here. In iclone it’s hit or miss capturing forearms and using IK to move the rest of the body parts around. But that’s where it stops. There is no additional capture from LM.

The first vid clearly shows a full Mocap suit, looks like Perception Neuron Pro or Studio without the gloves. I’d venture that you’ll need that for full body motion capture. The LM you place on your desktop and move your hands/arms around it. Can’t see a way that would include full body like a walk cycle, jumping kicking etc. They would have tried that in iclone already.

Motion live will probs support both devices, but LM will be limited to finger, hand and forearm movement maybe up to the shoulders and such if they can figure a way to work that, but no way full body mocap. However, if they are able to translate 3D motions to 2D that’s great news because we “should” be able to use 3D imotions with the new gen characters like you can with Gen 2 characters. That’s pretty cool and will open some doors!

Thank you for the response. I'm aware of the gear that may be used with this plug-in feature. I just wanted to know if the LEAP controller was mandatory so I could make the decision to invest in getting the controller now or wait until more concrete details are provided about this. Did some due diligence on the LEAP controllers available as they have several different types out. Some of the feedback on the controller itself resulted in some very buggy performance issues. I'm glad everything did actually pan out the way it did now because I don't want to fall victim to making any hasty decisions

Garry Pye (RL)
Garry Pye (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have added your name to the list of volunteers for the Beta Testing program. If you are successful, you will be notified by Reallusion. Thanks for your interest. 
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

@wu tone

You’ll definitely need the Leap Motion controller for live capture unless you go with a full body suit. The LM is just for the hands. Keep in mind over the sample vid shows the character moving their head and neck, but they also clearly show that is head tracking via a separate app. I believe that will be via live face, so if you have a recent iPhone you’re in luck! You’ll just need a LM controller. This still won’t give you full body mocap. But this ability to use mocap “should” mean you can purchase iclone 3D motion packs and apply them to the new gen G3 characters which is beyond friggin awesome!

@Gary Pye

Hey Gary, don’t know you but your work is great! I don’t use Animator often, I’m trying to get into it more. Made a few short vids. One thing to really bring me into the mix is full body control similar to what you could coax with the G2 characters and imotions. I do a lot of mocap work with Perception Neuron and iClone. My signature link will take you to my YT channel. All the animations there are a mix of mostly PN, key frames and mangled imotions. I’d be interested in Beta Testing as well to give it a whirl and help work out the kinks from a PN standpoint. I have a Gen 1 32 Neuron Suit and a new PN Studio with gloves that I can use to test. Thanks!

wu_tone
wu_tone
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

kungphu (4/28/2020)
@wu tone

You’ll definitely need the Leap Motion controller for live capture unless you go with a full body suit. The LM is just for the hands. Keep in mind over the sample vid shows the character moving their head and neck, but they also clearly show that is head tracking via a separate app. I believe that will be via live face, so if you have a recent iPhone you’re in luck! You’ll just need a LM controller. This still won’t give you full body mocap. But this ability to use mocap “should” mean you can purchase iclone 3D motion packs and apply them to the new gen G3 characters which is beyond friggin awesome!

Absolutely Kungphu,

I wish I could get hands on a mocap motion suit. Seen several videos and have also been eyeing them here and there trying to figure out why there are so many of them and why they're also so darn expensive. Unfortunately, I don't own an iPhone so I'm counted out for LIVEFace software.

Seen your Youtube video by the way, looks pretty awesome.
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Agh!!’ Bummer on the iPhone. Maybe find a used one on eBay or something? Don’t need cell service just WiFi connection. As far as mocap, that stuff is usually hella expensive. These perception Neuron suits are really cheap for full body mocap, relatively speaking. They come up on the used market from time to time. Should still be able to get customer service even if they’re used. Noitom is actually really good with customer service. At first it was hard to get ahold of them since they were based overseas. They do have limitations with magnetism though.

Reading This Topic