Profile Picture

Export Character PNG with Transparency

Posted By RLord321 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
RLord321
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
In Character Creator 3.1, I was able to fumble my way though exporting a character as a PNG image with a transparent background.  I disabled the image for the scenes and did other things that I cannot remember and it was successful.  I cannot replicate this in version 3.2.  Does anyone know the exact steps to export a PNG with a transparent background (I'm assuming this feature was not removed in this version)?

Kelleytoons
This post has been flagged as an answer
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
In your Edit/Project Settings there is a 2D background rollout.  Just uncheck the background image.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
RLord321
This post has been flagged as an answer
RLord321
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Kellytoons.  I initially still had the problem after your reply of:
- From the Edit Menu, select Project Settings
- Under the 2D Background Rollout, De-Select "Activate Image"

It turns out that I also had to turn off the "Show Sky" visibility by doing:
- From the Windows Menu, select Visual Settings
- In the Image Based Lighting Rollout, click on the invisible icon next to Show Sky

And this works when I actually click on Export from the Render menu and actually export using the export button (as opposed to the Preview Image option under the Render menu -- this will not produce the transparent background).

I hope this helps anyone else who currently has this problem.

Again, Thanks!

Reading This Topic