Profile Picture

Render Video of all cameras in a scene

Posted By edwardjaywang 4 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
edwardjaywang
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi, I am trying to write a script using the iClone Python API that renders videos for multiple cameras in a single scene.

Currently, I have several scenes and, for each scene, I have 7 cameras(These cameras have the same names across all the scenes). Each scene is in a different project. I would like to write a script to render all the cameras in all of these scenes.  

Right now, I run a python script that loads each project file, checks for errors, and then calls RLPy.RGlobal.RenderVideo(). I found this function being used in the Batch Render example. However, the RLPy.RGlobal.RenderVideo() function only renders 1 of the 7 cameras. Right now I think the camera that is rendered is the one chosen in my main viewport, but I have not found a way to change the camera that is rendered.

My question is: Is there a way that I can programmatically change the camera that is rendered or render all the cameras?

Thank you!
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
From the current state of the iClone Python API, the only way I see to do what you want is to:
- Load a Project
- Get the list of Cameras
- Delete all the Cameras except the one you want for rendering.
- Render the Video
Repeat for each Camera..

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

edwardjaywang
edwardjaywang
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Ah! Thank you so much!

Do I need to create a copy of the project before I delete the cameras? Or is there a way to reset the cameras, or store the cameras in a variable and then put them back in the scene? 

Reading This Topic