how do I get around this ?

Posted By planetstardragon 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I'm having this issue,  where I see areas that need fixing,  when I enter into edit mesh mode,  the problems are gone,  when I exit edit mesh mode the problems come back.  Is there a setting or baking procedure I'm missing ?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/caa6f579-f685-4836-bc29-6cf3.gif

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
This is probably due to the fact that the mesh(es) "under" the mesh you are trying to edit is/are smoothed by Tesselation.

When you "Edit Mesh", and if the mesh you are trying to edit is also smoothed, the surface is unchanged and you see on top of it the "cage" you can edit.
However, strangely enough, the mesh "under" the one you are editing get its smoothing turned OFF.

Smoothing by "Tesselation" tends to "inflate" the mesh while smoothing by "Subdivision" tends to "deflate" the mesh.

In your case, the mesh under the one you are trying to edit is probably smoothed by tesselation so when you activate Edit Mesh on the top mesh, the mesh below gets its smoothing by tesselation turned off and then "deflate" so it does not appear crossing the top mesh boundary anymore.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
hrmm,  thank you for that insight, now i know what to look for and hopefully can find a way to address somewhere it in the export / import chain. it felt like the software was playing games with me "what problem ?"  lol

cheers and happy 2020 Smile

Reading This Topic