Profile Picture

Mesh Sticking to itself Across Gaps

Posted By BrianG61 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
BrianG61
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Everyone,

New user here. I've been trying to import a clothed character (Genesis 3 from Daz Studio) into Character Creator3 with the Pipeline extension. The tutorial, I watched, says to assign the character a CC3 compatible "T" pose, which I've done. Everything seems to import fine, but when I assign a sitting pose (Focused, Relaxed), I see skin poking through so I click the "Transfer Skin Weights" button (also from a tutorial), Suddenly, the thigh of the pants stick together like stretched taffy, creating a web in the crotch. After waiting 2 days, Tech support suggested I spread the legs apart slightly, even after applying the T pose. I've incrementally spread the character's legs until now he is practically in an X pose in Daz, and still, the pants stick together after assigning either of the sitting poses, and the "Transfer Skin Weights". He also imports in with a T pose instead of the X pose, but I'm cool with that if I can solve the sticky pants. I'm hoping, by posting here, I can get an answer quickly instead of two days later.

Thanks in advance,
Brian
Attachments
_preview_00000.png (206 views, 641.00 KB)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi Brian

Please take a look at the tutorial below from 6:55 onwards. This shows a similar issue and explains how to fix it. Following the same steps should help solve your problem too.

https://youtu.be/nsE5qJP2xAI?t=415

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jamesschilz3
jamesschilz3
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Peter,
I am having similar issues but even when watching the video its not helping, my cloth seems to attatch to the same point for right and left side of the thigh on tight pants so it never separates no matter what side i transfer to. it appears to need to be cut to separate.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9b78066d-0490-4d2a-8d9b-68fa.png 
Edited
4 Years Ago by jamesschilz3

Reading This Topic