Profile Picture

Introducing: PopcornFX Particle Sequencer plugin (Full Version)

Posted By Eric C (RL) 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Introducing: PopcornFX Particle Sequencer plugin (Full Version)

Author
Eric C (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
Dear all PopcornFX user,

Are you read to get your particle effects done quicker than ever!
We are excited about launching the brand new Python-scripted plugin: PopcornFX Particle Sequencer.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9060424-9fc1-4653-a1cb-e2b2.jpg

Feature:
This effects sequencer enables you to combine multiple particles, and manage their emitter timing all at once.
Press the Apply button to deploy the particles to the scene and apply the custom settings. You may also save your custom sequence as preset for your other iClone projects.
Let's take a look at some cool examples created from this plugin. 

Basic Application:
Compose your explosion VFX (0:19"-1:50")
Select the particles you want for your iClone project. The particles will emit at the same time by default.
But with this plug-in, you can change the emit order and slightly adjust the particle effects.

Advance Application (works with paid content PopcornFX and PopcornFX Library 40)
Apply VFX to a selected mesh. (2:12"-2:32")
Make VFX move along with parent object. (2:33"-3:06")
Trigger VFX at any movement. (3:07"-3:43")
In addition, this is also our first Python-scripted paid plugin on the Content Store, and we are now looking for more Python lovers to develop plugins in 2020. 
Discover our
wiki page and find out how we create this with Python!

Edited
4 Years Ago by Eric C (RL)
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
NICE UH!!? sad you cant use popcornfx for 360 renders Wink 
nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
This is a great plugin and got it straight away,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
On my to get list. Looks great.

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Verrrry interesting! Definitely down to give PC FX some new life.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
this is all well and fine.. but when will an update for popcprn fx plugin come? 
do you know that version 2 is out already? and there are hundreds of amazing particles we could use,
but can't because of the failure to update one of RL's greatest plugins? please stop dropping the ball, 
get on with the promises so we all can move forward to bigger things. 

vidius  
TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Given the huge response the original plugin got, you have to ask why RL has shown virtually no interest in developing this. Personally I would find new development in FX far more useful than any game development gimmicks, it also adds the wow factor to entice new users to iclone. 
Tony
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I have to agree. The game creators have had their share of RL development effort, so it's time to show the filmmakers some love!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
This seems to be an ever-growing concern, buying a plug-in which becomes stale (and maybe even abandoned).  This is why many people are justifiably skeptical about buying into the next great plug-in that RL announces.

There was the Indigo plug-in, which had numerous flaws.  There were some minor improvements, but many fundamental issue remained.  And then it died.

We now have the Iray plug-in (vastly superior to the the Indigo plug-in).  When I was making an MDL (a "material" for Iray), I discovered the plug-in does not support the current MDL format.  There are some new features which iClone chokes on, and to make matters worse, the error message is completely erroneous and misleading.  I was lucky enough to have two copies of Substance Designer (which I can use to author MDLs), and one was still running an older version, which is how I was able to debug the situation.  So if I want to write an MDL for iClone, I need to use the older version of Designer.

So back to PopcornFX...  Okay, so what we have continues to work, right?  But the hard work of creating the plug-in has been done.  Now the mundane - but totally expected - work of updating it needs to be done too.

When people buy plug-ins, they assume they will continue to grow and move forward along with both ends of the plug-in...  iClone and PopcornFX... Iray... etc.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
LOL just think if you were a 3ds Max user...talk about plugin abandonware!

Reading This Topic