Profile Picture

How to export to UE4 on UE4 skeleton consistently

Posted By DonPoko 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
DonPoko
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hey everyone,

So I'm having an issue with CC3 when wanting to port my characters to UE4. The acceptance of UE4 of one character or another on the UE4 mannequin skeleton seems completely random to me. It works for some of my characters, not for others even though they share the same skeleton and body morph, the only thing that changes are clothes and accessories. Is there something I'm missing ? I even tried to reset the skeleton of one of my character that can't go on in the UE skeleton to the default CC3 skeleton, but it is still refused.

I know I can retarget and that works well, but the issue is that I want them all to be on the UE4 skeleton to make animation sharing less tedious.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot 
elpupilo
elpupilo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)

Hi im trying same thing and i have not good results, if you know how to solve that issue replacing with UE skeleton, please post it here, thanks.
unit23
unit23
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
fiesta96 (1/2/2020)
The acceptance of UE4 of one character or another on the UE4 mannequin skeleton seems completely random to me. It works for some of my characters, not for others even though they share the same skeleton and body morph, the only thing that changes are clothes and accessories 

Hello fiesta, do you use the Auto Setup plugin, and use these import settings, outlined in this article https://manual.reallusion.com/CC_and_IC_Auto_Setup_Plugin/ENU/CC_and_iC_Auto_Setup/1.0/02_for_Unreal/Importing_Character_FBX_File.htm

What kind of market place assets are you using?
Do all content assets are CC3 compatible? 

CC3 exports a different skeleton since at least 3.02, because with this update they introduced FootIK bones into the skeleton. What I do is to use two CC3 skeletons since they introduced FootIK bones. 

DonPoko
DonPoko
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)

Hey,

Yeah I'm using the auto-setup and all the correct export options in the article. What's weird is that it works for certain characters but not others.
I'm using custom assets so nothing from the marketplace. What do you mean two CC3 skeletons ? You mean inside UE4?
unit23
unit23
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

fiesta96 (1/4/2020)
I'm using custom assets so nothing from the marketplace. What do you mean two CC3 skeletons ? You mean inside UE4?

The skeleton changed in CC3 3.01 or 02 because they added the UE default FootIK bones to it.

Edited
4 Years Ago by unit23
DonPoko
DonPoko
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

OK I found the issue. Some of my items were not skin weighted and simply attached to a bone. I don't understand how or why this broke the skeleton but apparently it did. Turns out it works and now I just attach the accessory in UE Smile 
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
fiesta96 (1/5/2020)
OK I found the issue. Some of my items were not skin weighted and simply attached to a bone. I don't understand how or why this broke the skeleton but apparently it did. Turns out it works and now I just attach the accessory in UE Smile 

Hi fiesta96,

This is Miranda from Reallusion. We are unable to reproduce the issue from our side. Please contact us from Feedback Tracker with your profile file attached, which may help to clarify the root cause. Once you submit an issue in Feedback Tracker, You will get an email notification if there is any update from us. Thanks!
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/

Miranda
Mikay²
Mikay²
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
fiesta96 (1/5/2020)

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I opened a ticket:
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Unreal-Auto-Setup-doesn-t-work-with-mannequin-skeleton

utiba.ajeet
utiba.ajeet
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)

Same issues here as well, all the replies i am getting from reallusion support is please update your plugin, which plugin should i update to when I have told N number of times all are latest versions.

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Unreal-Auto-Setup-doesn-t-work-with-mannequin-skeleton/1/6604

This issue is not resolved yet in any of the latest versions. please do check.

Reading This Topic