Profile Picture

multiple animations for npc + dialog

Posted By dswigger 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dswigger
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello everyone.  I am trying to work out a workflow for how we will be handling animations.  Almost all of our animations will be NPCs in simulations.

I am new to the interface but can do some basic animations and put things together using tutorials on youtube.  What I can not figure out is how to save multiple animations for a character and then move them to 3dxchange.

For example lets say I have Character1 and the animations we have established we need are:

1) Get up from sitting in chair
2) Sit into chair
3) Walk to other chair while talking script #1
3) Walk to other chair while talking script #2
4) Sit in second chair
5) Get up from second chair
6) Walk back and sit down in chair #1

That is about as simple as I can make it now.  I am interested in anyone else using iClone to generate NPC characters how they structure this in iClone.  Do you use one long timeline and use capture clip for specific segments?
Do you use multiple clones of the same character each with their own animation?  Is there something obvious I am missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-David

Reading This Topic