Profile Picture

Initialization failed error

Posted By CodenameReality 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
CodenameReality
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hey all,

I'm trying to get my content pack installed into CC3. With that failing, I am currently trying to install the program through Reallusion Hub.
I get the "Initialization failed" error when trying to do so.
I've already tried all the steps on the following link: https://kb.reallusion.com/Product/52531/How-to-fix-Initialization-failed-error

Does anyone have any ideas? I just want to start using my new content pack ;_; ( https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Character-Creator/Pack/Fantasy-Playset_Assassins/default.html Wink

Yours sincerely,
Joey
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 19 minutes ago
Hi Joey

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Do you have Character Creator 3 Pipeline or just the free Character Creator 3 for iClone?

If the latter, please install iClone 7 first and then try installing Character Creator 3.

If you still encounter problems, please post a screenshot of the error message you receive and supply your full system specifications including graphics card. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I ran into something similar yesterday with uninstalling and reinstalling CC3 on the laptop using the HUB, it took me hours to reinstall CC3 because when I uninstalled it I got an error message that the install failed.  I got the same error message when trying to install using the latest EXE file!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0b8a8d95-8eb8-4207-9b1f-e248.png

To make a very long story short, I ended up having to execute a Restore Point in order to uninstall CC3 using an external program then reinstall it using the HUB, which I uninstalled and reinstalled also, and that magically worked for me!

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

CodenameReality
CodenameReality
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Yeah, that's the error I'm getting through the Hub as well.
Unfortunately it's never worked for me so I can't quite try that method Sad Also don't have a restore point

As for my licensing, I've got the CC3 Pipeline package down the bottom of the purchase page

Reading This Topic