Profile Picture

Exporting BVH to Daz Studio

Posted By rames44 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rames44
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Saeder (1/2/2020)

This program simply copies the 'ShldrBend' information into 'ShldrTwist'. That's better, but it's not perfect.

Apologies for the delay in response, but applying your program fixed the problem with the crossed-arms pose I was working with.  I have to experiment a bit more.
Would you be willing to share the source code of your application?  If not, no biggie - I'm sure I can recreate the logic myself.
Saeder
Saeder
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Hello, I have no problem sharing the code. It's a test code created to find the problem.
I'll probably convert it to Python and include the code to also export the facial animations to Daz studio. And make it into a plugin for Iclone.

The script to import the facial animations into Daz Studio works pretty well. But it needs a dialog to select the file to import.
abadjorge188
abadjorge188
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Saeder, I need talk you.. BigGrin
The code is Visual Studio 2019 is only for 3dxchange? I´m try , and look , really, the most ever solution in years!! Sure!
But..., I dont know how this works in Daz Studio, coz I use MotionBuilder for retarget. If I try to get the mocap in bvh from 3dXchange, is more similar trhu your code, but the position , in ever soft conversion no native, is lost. (No too accurate.. Not your mind, of course!) The real problem as the closed code from the companys (Reallusion and Daz..), and the "little satlz grain.." for this task.
I dont agree this "war". The two are a nasty companys... (well, for my opinion.., but the free Daz models are the most really framework for a human3dD )
Then... (Urghh... Humm...), I have a code to reduce the size for any Bvh file, around the 50% of Kb.. but, is in Perl code.
It´s soo very simple script like this:
///-----------------
@files = <*.bvh>;
foreach $file (@files) {
          open  (OLD, $file) || die "Couldn´t open $file: $!\n";
        open  (NEW, ">$file.bvh") || die "Couldn´t open $file.bvh: $!\n";
            while (<OLD>Wink {
                $line = $_;
                if (/Normal/) { while (<OLD>Wink { last if /}/; } $line => ""; }
                if (/normalIndex/) { while(<OLD>Wink { last if /[]]/; } $line = ""; }
                $line  =~  s/[-+]?[0-9]\.[0-9]+e[+-][0-9]+/0/g;
                $line  =~  s/([-+]?[0-9]+\.[0-9]{2})[0-9]+/$1/g;
                $line =~ s/0\.00/0/g;
                $line =~ s/[ ]+/ /g;
                $line =~ s/[\t]+/ /g;
                $line =~ s/^ //g;
                print NEW $line;

}
            close OLD;
            unlink ($file);
            close NEW;           
            }
           /// ---------------------- EOF

Only the "magik" is avoid redundant data, like all the *.000000000000 to *.000.. (also, avoid the spaces, etc...)
Is possible translate this code (Perl) to your code?
Thanks for your work!Smile

abadjorge188
abadjorge188
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Python is not supported on Daz. They use something "weird" between javascript, emacs, and qtscript. That is, "something proprietary and unknown." The tremendous thing would be to link to a dsa script by deriving or calling Python! That would be eternal glory!  BigGrinBigGrinTonguew00tw00t

abadjorge188
abadjorge188
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Sorry. The characters changes. in text here..
The code in Perl:  https://mega.nz/file/efxhCQrK#Tt-eDFqWjhX7mnA5UC8qYLwMJ79S8VT4AIM1gSgZV44

pretendforreal
pretendforreal
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Saeder (1/14/2020)
Hello, I have no problem sharing the code. It's a test code created to find the problem.
I'll probably convert it to Python and include the code to also export the facial animations to Daz studio. And make it into a plugin for Iclone.

The script to import the facial animations into Daz Studio works pretty well. But it needs a dialog to select the file to import.

Hello! Did you create this script? Would love to be able to import the facial animations between iCLONE and Daz

Reading This Topic