Bouncing clothes/hair at start of video play

Posted By GIM 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GIM
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Just a note: The forum search is useless! Results are shown with 1 post for each item found, not whole thread.
When adding Natalie to a bare project and pressing play, there is a hair and dress bounce regardless of where the play head is....what is the purpose of this and how to get rid of it?
Thanx,
MT
wires
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Both the Hair and Dress have Physics applied to provide them with natural looking motions when moving. The short bounce/fall is caused by the physics being activated when "Play" is pressed. You can turn the Physics off in the "Modify" panel - the Hair and Dress need to be selected separately to ensure that the Physics panel is active for each.

With Physics active it's best to ensure that any "action" in a scene really starts a few frames after Play is pressed. The few frames showing the Physics being activated can then be edited out when the video is rendered.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

james_muia
james_muia
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Physics and effects such as fire, etc. have a bit of a natural start up time so it takes a certain amount of frames before they are properly working. As a word of advice, never start your scenes on frame 1, start them on like frame 250 so it gives you enough time for the effects to get started.

IMDB: James Muia
Aviticus Dragon on YouTube

Computer Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-7820X Processor (8x 4.30GHz/11MB L3 Cache)
Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm
Liquid CPU CoolerASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming Motherboard
32 GB DDR4-3200 GSKILL Ripjaws V Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - 11GB - EVGA FTW3

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Hi mt900,

That bounciness is the Physics Engine kicking in and it will happen at the beginning of any project that has soft cloth enabled hair or clothing.

It will also happen each time you pause then restart playback of your animations, or have a large gap between clips without the proper transition curve preset

Proper "Weight Mapping" of the hair or clothing items will get rid of the bounciness, that's something that just takes time to fuss with and I am by no means an expert on weight mapping, I just watch YouTube videos, check the forum and refer back to the online manual on the subject, and try different settings I find there.

Searching the forum can be daunting at times, I use the advance search feature "Using EXACT match" to whittle down the number of responses.

Hope this helped.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

GIM
GIM
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Thanx to all who applied as the Physix part makes sense but the implementation of it doesn't.
Another quick question....is there a way to either move or hide the various control gizmos? If hiding them, are they key controls to replace the gizmo movements?
The lighting ones are especially annoying as they pop up right in the middle of the scene.
Thanx again,
MT
dante1st
dante1st
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I just wanted to say I 100% agree about the search function. I always use it too before asking my question, but they show individual posts one by one, rendering it close to useless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My iClone short films: https://www.youtube.com/iClone316

wires
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
mt900 (12/26/2019)
Thanx to all who applied as the Physix part makes sense but the implementation of it doesn't.
Another quick question....is there a way to either move or hide the various control gizmos? If hiding them, are they key controls to replace the gizmo movements?
The lighting ones are especially annoying as they pop up right in the middle of the scene.
Thanx again,
MT

You can turn the Gizmos on and off in the Preferences panel, or by using the keyboard shortcuts shown in the image below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3a9e0f25-a168-45f9-91d4-d115.png

You can view the full list of keyboard shortcuts in this list from the iClone user manualSmile A direct link to the list is also included under the "Help" menu in iClone. Cool

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
5 Years Ago by wires
GIM
GIM
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanx but that only hides/unhides the rotate/move gizmos and not these (see attached).
Regards,
MT
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3402a34f-f9b7-49cc-8356-b182.jpg
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
The yellow one is the bounding box indicating what is selected. You can't disable that other than by not selecting the object. 

The red/blue/green item is the world axis, which you can disable in the settings as already mentioned (Ctrl-A).

It is important to note that none of these will appear in your final render. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic