Profile Picture

Why is my custom Blender FBX not recognized as a 'Character' in iClone? I need it to be a...

Posted By mckenlynn1 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Why is my custom Blender FBX not recognized as a 'Character' in...

Author
mckenlynn1
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Why is my custom Blender FBX not recognized as a 'Character' in iClone? I need it to be a 'Character' so I can use it for Face Live plugin.

It's my first week using iClone. I've imported an FBX that I made in Blender, into iClone.
It seems to be recognized as a 'Prop'. I need it to be recognized as a 'Character' so that I can use it with Face Live plugin.
I'm able to edit it in 3DXChange but I see no option to convert it into a 'Character'.
Also if I try to Import the FBX into "Character Creator", it says I need an FBXKey... what?

Thanks.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
You would need to import it into 3DX and do a "convert to non-standard" as a very first step.  You will also need the appropriate morphs/bones in order to get facial expressions to work (there is a lot about this in the 3DX manual).

Once that's done you can export as an avatar into iClone.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Is your Blender character rigged? If it isn't then it will only become a static prop when sent to iClone.

If your character is rigged then take a look at the tutorial below. It's an oldie but should still help you with the process of converting to a non-standard character for iClone.

"Importing Blender Characters to iClone"
https://youtu.be/Zrc1bQhUB_Y

Note: You can't import the character into Character Creator 3. You will need to convert it with 3DXchange 7.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic