Profile Picture

Will reallusion stuff run on the this computer

Posted By monnin_mark 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
monnin_mark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi I was wondering if the reallusion character creator stuff will run on this computer 
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/gaming-and-games/alienware-aurora-gaming-desktop/spd/alienware-aurora-r8-desktop/wdshatcrr811s?ref=p13n_rv_hp
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
It'll run but not great.

The key is the video card.  This is a 1650, the bare minimum.  You really want at least a 1070, or better still, an 1080.  You can replace this card, but you're better off buying the card with the computer (you'll get a better price).  Dell is well known for building the stuff you want, so talk to the sales folks there if this is what you're leaning towards, and tell them you want a better video card.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Agree with Mike on this. I checked the product page and the 1070 is no longer offered, so you would go with a 2070.

I would also recommend Windows 10 Pro over Windows 10 Home. This allows you to delay the installation of new feature releases (which come out every 6 months), which have sometimes caused problems in the past.

Then as a minimum, get 16 GB of RAM. I would also add an extra drive. You would have one system drive and an additional drive for content, renders, etc.

This will make things more expensive, but you want  a system that will last you a while. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic