Profile Picture

Face Key Editor Transform/Deform don't have key frames or any kind of representation on the...

Posted By Unrighteous 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Face Key Editor Transform/Deform don't have key frames or any kind of...

Author
Unrighteous
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
So when you use the Transform/Deform options in the Face Key Editor everything works fine, you can move to different points on the timeline and animate facial features as you wish. The problem is that there are no key frames on the timeline or anything of the sort, so you can't edit your work, and more importantly, you can't manually key anything (you can't press V or use the "Insert Frame" button); this means that you can't extend frames (like if you want to hold a pose), move anything around, or copy/paste anything.

By extension of this issue, if you save a 1 frame animation that only has Transform/Deform data (from the Face Key Editor), you will get an error when trying to apply that animation; it still works, but you get an error saying "failed to load file." On top of that, even in longer animations, some data doesn't save properly; for instance, deformation data for my character's eyebrows won't save at all.

This is a pretty big deal for me, as I enjoy animating my characters this way, and I'd appreciate if solutions for this would be implemented at some point in the future.

Thank you.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi...

The Transform and Deform options of the Face Key Editor will set keyframes on the Timeline. 

To access them click the down arrow next to Face Motion and then put a check in Face_Transform and Face_Deform (see below).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/11f48731-0b31-42f9-95dc-8caa.png

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Unrighteous
Unrighteous
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)Veteran Member (720 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hey, thanks a lot! I thought I had looked everywhere in the timeline, but I had missed that. For some reason my Face Deforms still don't save, but you've solved a much bigger problem for me so thank you!
Edited
5 Years Ago by Unrighteous

Reading This Topic