Profile Picture

Can you GOZ textures/UV maps to Zbrush

Posted By info_186540 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
info_186540
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I love how I can GOZ my model to Zbrush and refine it and send it back. 
I was wondering if there was anyway that the textures on the character can also be sent to Zbrush via GOZ?
I have baked the textures and I clicked GOZ but all I got was a grey character without any texture in Zbrush.
If this is a feature I would be extremely grateful if you could tell me how!
If it is not possible, is there anyway I could manipulate Character Creators bone rig inside of Zbrush after importing it as a FBX so I can pose it?
kmitchell.12catblackstudio...
kmitchell.12catblackstudio...
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
You can use Substance Painter to work on textures bake them out and bring them back into CC3. You can also create normals in ZBrush and Poly paint but you have to Clone the body to not break the goz back to CC3 and on the clone get Poly groups by UV which can seperate the body by UV Islands, paint the color and normals desired, now to get the texture exported you have to hide UV layers that are part of the separated body textures. Head / Arms / Legs / Torso if you try to export the maps with out hiding the layers you will get all the textures overlapping as all the parts share the same 0-1 space. I wish ZBrush could read texture layers and auto separate imported poly groups by Texture sets. 
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
what good is a pipeline (GOZ)  if you can do something faster and easier with import and export, in old fashion way .
Load mesh , paint  create and export ... ready... that is the way in 3D coat 
In Zbrush,  you need  hide every UV set  several times and then click... click... click ... here and there for the same task . 
At the end it  is not a faster and proper Pipeline for me 
3D Coat has a improved  normal and AO backing  and the smart material editor makes it so easy to make stunning textures .
I have try,  have even buy it Substance Painter , but for me, it  is so much easier to use 3D Coat to make  nice PBR textures. It  more artistic like not so technical like SP 
Zbrush is absolutely great for morphing , sculpting for CC and reworking on MD meshes, I love it for that...but for texturing not so much , also it makes not PBR textures yet.   

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Reading This Topic