Doubt about the head shape

Posted By facr73 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
facr73
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 57 minutes ago
Hi,

Is in Headshot any option to match the photo headshape?
I can't find one. It would be nice if there was an option that tries to approximate the shape of the photo.
I use the morphs but if the initial shape already had some matching shape it would be nice.

When I use Facegen the shape of the head in the photo passes to the Daz character.

Greets.
facr
Edited
5 Years Ago by facr73
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
The Pro option does try and match the head shape, but the photo needs to be completely straight on (and evenly lit) for this to work well.

Otherwise the photo matching process is fairly easy (I was able to duplicate even this extreme in just under a minute):

Original Photo:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a618e7a1-0fc6-45f6-a43c-09aa.jpg

Headshot version:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f5cdc36b-ac71-4733-a760-8477.png

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
facr73
facr73
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Hi Kelley.

Thanks for reply.
That was a really impressive work and shape matching.
As you suggested, I will try to get better photos and see if I get better results.

Meanwhile that's what I've got:
The photo I am trying to bring is shown bellow.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/def4985d-27d1-4148-8465-46b4.jpg

The results I have without any changes can be seen in the next picture. I got a more accurate shape from the DAZ version. Although we can user the morphs and shape with headshot.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/178b50a5-eb02-4ad3-8abd-73d5.png

And the next image is from CC3, where I have also another problem with lips.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/31fd0817-88ee-4f40-8e8e-b721.png
Edited
5 Years Ago by facr73
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Well, for sure the headshot you are showing isn't straight on (look at the ears).  Because he's turned to the side it's difficult for any automatic process to match it up properly.  (Although, honestly, I've used the Daz stuff and never even gotten close to what HS can do).  I suspect I could do much better than what you've done but I've had many weeks of experience with HS.

I would suggest you practice with the photo matching and perhaps even change the camera angle (that's another thing that's wrong -- the camera shot is wide angle and you need more of a telephoto -- if I had a decent image I'd try myself but you didn't provide one.  If you want to embed your original I'll give it a shot).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
facr73
facr73
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Kelly.
Thanks again.

I attached the original photo that I used. It was taken with a smartphone.
You're right I need to retake the photos again.

I'm making a Christmas video with my coworkers and I took several pictures so I fear that the others have the same problem :-( I need to shoot again :-)

Thanks for your help.

Greets.

Attachments
IMG_20191122_161859.jpg (115 views, 6.00 MB)
Edited
5 Years Ago by facr73
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, this isn't great (for one thing I've had WAY too much wine -- you caught me after dinner and now I'm ready for bed) but at least it will give you an idea.

When you take your new photos make sure you stand back -- across the room would be great.  You can zoom in, but do NOT stand closer than 10-12 feet from someone or you'll distort their features.

https://mega.nz/#!8jp2kQSK!IlKCWqFcorwa9-Yi71UNo_mhBY_sfdKlfLYRV6mb2_c

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
facr73
facr73
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Kelley.

Thank you so much for your time and for your patience (and for the name of the file :-) ).
Thanks for the avatar and the hair too :-). And that is a great great job.

I will follow your tip about the distance. I will shoot agian the photos
One question though, did you got a better shape than I did after the first iteration or the shape was the result of using the morph sliders?

Greets.
Fernando.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Mostly the shape was a result of adjusting the camera (in the photo matching) and a *slight* then adjustment of the shape in Sculpt mode (say no more than a minute at most).

Honestly, you won't be able to get a perfect head without *some* adjustment, and you should nearly always turn on the camera matching and play a bit in the Sculpt mode which makes it easy (no worries about figuring out which morphs are needed).  But a better photo will help.

(The hair I made is kind of a hot mess -- again, too much wine and I was using a bad version of my head model to do it.  If you need better hair let me know).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
facr73
facr73
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi.

If you don't mind redoing the hair I'll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, before I gave him too little, and now I give him too much.  Sorry -- still getting used to things.

If you can wait a week or so I'll do better but I'm up to my bottom in alligators right now and don't have any time for the immediate future.  If you want, just drop me a line and let me know (you can email me through this forum).

https://mega.nz/#!I2QDkSRZ!LmpmN1ZF8qgyBaAYFT8BiguhqMbxfJv089Uxv_aqMic

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic