Profile Picture

FBX to Character Creator (FBX key)

Posted By Scrubble 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Scrubble
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'm fairly new to CC.  I was wondering how one would import a custom FBX(humanoid) into character creator.  When I try I get a message that says something about an FBX key.  I don't have that or do not know what this is?  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You can't do what you want.

You can only import into CC3 avatars that were created there, or previous versions (like CC1/2).  If you have the Pipeline edition, you can import Genesis and Hivewire avatars from Daz and Renderosity.   Your own creations will need to come into iClone via 3DX (but can never come into CC3).

Now, you can export a CC3 avatar and mod it and then reimport it -- that's where that key comes in (a key will be generated when you export it).  Just make sure in your editing you don't add or subtract verts or change their order.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Scrubble
Scrubble
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)

Bummer.  Ok I am assuming I can bring in custom clothing and armor to CC3 without an issue?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Right, you bring it in as an OBJ accessory and then just fit it to the character and finally select the weighting for cloth.  One hint: best to export a CC3 character out as OBJ and do your fitting while you are creating it, because the tools inside of CC3 for fitting aren't nearly as good as any decent 3D creation program (by design -- CC3 is not a 3D editor).  Then just import only the clothing and it should fit perfectly.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
Scrubble
Scrubble
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Just 2 clarify?  If I bought this https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/ccdproduct.html?contentid=AIC740CIENU011720191206004
 would it be able to be put into CC3?  It says its morph able?  Would this have the FBX key?
Edited
5 Years Ago by Scrubble
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

No, AFAIK all things sold MUST identify themselves as CC3 avatars.  This is for iClone only.

You can bring all sorts of avatars into iClone (as I said, through 3DX) but only CC3 avatars (and the exceptions I mentioned) can come into CC3.  Now, if you have pipeline you can get trolls from Daz (cheaper as well, if you are a Platinum club member).  Those can be brought into CC3 as long as they are Genesis based (which most avatars there are -- they will always say).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
Scrubble
Scrubble
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Argh, not the answer I was expecting.  Super bummed.  Thanks for the answers.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, as I said, if you have the Pipeline edition of CC3 (and everyone SHOULD have it) then you have a whole world of incredible avatars available to you for a small cost.  THAT should keep you from being bummed.

I just quickly perused through my collection and right away these jumped out at me (and if you want to see them in CC3 I'd be glad to show you).  I suspect there are at least a half dozen more that would work for you:

https://www.daz3d.com/troll-beast-for-genesis-8-males
https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/50941
https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/12930

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Scrubble
Scrubble
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Its not that there aren't great characters. I already have a bunch that I wont be able to customize in CC3.  
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You have a bunch of Daz characters?  Because those can ALL be customized.

But, yes, if you have other avatars created elsewhere then, yes, CC3 is not going to work for you.  It's its own universe, basically.  I thought, though, if you were asking about those trolls you might purchase that you were thinking about getting some new content, and if you do, getting it from Daz is your best bet.

While I was typing this I brought in one of those trolls I linked to (a Dark Troll) and dressed him in some armor that I also got from Daz (the Orleans bright armor).  Even without doing any fitting he looks pretty cool inside of CC3.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3a773c8f-3a94-4aa9-808d-1790.png

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic