Profile Picture

How to import iclone 7 character with bones and joints intact into Blender 2.8x

Posted By ckalan1 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to import iclone 7 character with bones and joints intact into...

Author
ckalan1
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I hope the video and the picture make the issue I am having a bit clearer.
I am trying to import an iclone 7 character into Blender 2.8x . and keep the animation that I did in iclone and render it out in Blender. The bone joints do not stay connected. ik/fk does not transfer.
I export from iclone via the FBX export function.
I then import FBX file into Blender using Blender's FBX importer. 
The character will animate in Blender the same as it does in iclone 7. This is a really short animation render I did in Blender. 
When I make adjustments to the character in Blender in the Pose Mode, the character deforms. I was trying to rotate her arm from the elbow joint. The image below shows what happens.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fed67f9c-19a4-454d-96eb-f049.png
I want to keep the rig and the animation that I imported from iclone and fix the animation when necessary in Blender. Can you explain how to make this work? Thanks in advance for your help.
Craig
Edited
5 Years Ago by ckalan1

Reading This Topic