Making the Lanscape bigger

Posted By 3Aliens 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
3Aliens
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Is there a Way to make the Landscape bigger? I want to make a Chase on Tatooine while a lot of Action happens. But with this Size its over fast lol.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1aff6df8-9fbb-478b-a361-482d.jpg
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
The default terrain (not the grid) is 250 meters square if you set the grid space to 100 cm. If you need bigger you must "fake it " by adding another terrain as props
but the texture resolution will be not the same du to the one texture instead of the multitexturing of the default terrain.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/51fa778f-55ca-46fd-b0fa-2bbd.jpg
3Aliens
3Aliens
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Thx! You know what i did now? I made the Props on terrain smaller BigGrin
wires
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
With a Terrain selected in the scene you can right click on it, select "Convert to Prop" from the list in the panel. As a prop it can now be scaled to any size and then converted back to a Terrain by again clicking it and selecting "Convert to Terrain" from the list.

Note: This does not work for any Terrains in the "Height Map_Large" folder.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

james_muia
james_muia
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Usually what I do is place down terrain as a prop, then make it bigger by increasing the X,Y axis. Keep in mind the larger you make it, the less quality it will have. Then once you have a decent looking size, convert the prop to terrain.

Before you convert to terrain, you can duplicate it X amount of times, and line up the terrain props around your scene to expand your higher quality terrain. For terrain outside of your shots, you don't need that high of quality, so you can expand terrain far out larger if you want.

If you have the Substance PBR200 pack, this will give you higher quality terrain materials. After you increase the size of the terrain, drop the Substance material down on it. Make sure to change the resolution of the material in the prop settings for that higher quality.
https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/iClone/pack/iClone7-Substance-PBR200/default.html

IMDB: James Muia
Aviticus Dragon on YouTube

Computer Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-7820X Processor (8x 4.30GHz/11MB L3 Cache)
Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm
Liquid CPU CoolerASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming Motherboard
32 GB DDR4-3200 GSKILL Ripjaws V Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - 11GB - EVGA FTW3

Edited
5 Years Ago by james_muia

Reading This Topic