Before I Upgrade to CC3 Pipeline

Posted By brothertcoleman 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
brothertcoleman
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I want to do some edits to hair created by Headshot or another object in CC3 ,I don't see the option to just export the object ,in this case hair ,so will upgrading to pipline give me an option to just send it out as an .OBJ?
Is it better to buy have 3DXchange 7, I currently have 3DXchange v6.54 PRO ,I can't afford 3DXchange 7 and upgrade to CC3 Pipeline both at the moment with my other purchases.
Thanks
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/00b75f02-9742-4ffd-89bd-3b3a.png

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Edited
5 Years Ago by brothertcoleman
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
No, the Pipeline doesn't change that.  With either you only have two options to output things -- either the FBX or an OBJ of the clothed figure.  Then in wherever (I edit the hair in Blender) you just delete all the stuff you don't want/need and then reimport as OBJ as an Accessory.

I actually have a whole tutorial on this but I haven't posted it due to the holiday.  I'll see if I can get it up later this morning (after my eyes open -- kind of making merry last night :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

So I may be able to send the character to iClone 7, export it as a FBX (not sure what the Alembic... is),break the hair apart in 3DXchange 7,convert it to OBJ and then to my modelling program.But it looks like in this case I would need to buy the Pipeline version of 3DXchange 7 because that's the requirement to export the FBX from iClone,wow  $299 is the upgrade price.If I upgrade my CC3 to Pipeline and export the body OBJ ,will I be able to use the older 3DXchange 6 to remove the hair portion , CC3 Pipeline upgrade is $129?

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Edited
5 Years Ago by brothertcoleman
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You don't need to send the character to 7 -- just export from CC3 as an OBJ and bring into Blender (there's even a Blender export option in CC3 -- now this MAY only be in the pipeline edition.  Since that's the version I have I can't say whether it exists in the base CC3 or not).

As long as we are strictly talking things in CC3 there's no need for 3DX at all (at this point in time 3DX really only pertains to things which can't be brought into CC3).  Honestly, though, I would ALWAYS get CC3 Pipeline, because then you can export Daz stuff and that's a library trove of treasure I would never be without.  (And you can import not only avatars, clothing and hair, but props and environments.  Outside of custom avatars that don't fit the Genesis model, there's NOTHING in Daz you can't import into CC3).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks very helpful

Reading This Topic