Headshot Is Working With Head Texture Too

Posted By GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

For your information, if, like me, you have a bunch of head textures (I bought mines more than 10 years ago at 3d.sk for a machinima project that has never been produced), you can use those in place of head pictures, and it works very well.
Yet you have the benefit of having the all head texture ready that you can reapply fully on the head after getting the 3d head from Headshot.
Here is an exemple, right out of Headshot Pro, I just changed the eyes colors but did not reapplied the texture yet:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/996254c6-30be-4dc4-9485-a3b7.jpg

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 days ago
I brought a bunch of these heads also, not sure of the correct method to get the head shot mesh accurate to
I that controlled by the mask, I found the head way to wide
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
You don't need any mask because the idea is to use the head texture on the head mesh by replacing the texture given by headshot with the informations already there in the head texture (needs some photoshop work of course).

Regarding the head way too wide, then just correct it, even with head pictures, at least in Pro mode, the head is never what you have on the head picture and you have to do a lot of adjustments.
(the AI stuff is in the Auto mode, not in the Pro mode which is kind of the "manual" mode as usual for "Pro" features ^^, but I can't even test the Auto mode as my processor is a little bit old and doesn't support the AVX instruction set).

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Reading This Topic