Profile Picture

Music Video: When we met

Posted By vcrazy.harry.1987 Last Year
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
vcrazy.harry.1987
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Great work. Enjoyed your camera-work and the editing. 

Nathan

Nathan

sonic7
sonic7
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago

Why did this suddenly "cut off" near the end? - such a pity.
You know, apart from (some) abrupt camera moves and audio levels (early on), this, overall - is *thoroughly brilliant*.
The music track is 1st class (is that a commercial track or from a movie?) - and your visual ideas with the train then the dancing were so perfect - spot on - imo.
Well done!

Edit: - Wish I could see a 'complete' version of this - the more I watch it - the more I appreciate the animation .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.73  3DXChange Pro  CC-3 Pipeline  CT-8  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body Mocap  Popcorn FX  PopVideo  iRAY  Kinect V2  Vegas Pro 16  Mixcraft 8.1 Pro

Edited
Last Year by sonic7
Vcrazy.harry1987
Vcrazy.harry1987
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@sonic7 Thanks so much. I know what you are talking about even i wasnt too happy with the start of the video and definitely ending could have been less abrupt. I appreciate your honest feedback and this is what i look for 😊. The music/sound used (The night we met) is from a series. I loved the song so much could have done more justice to it. Thabks for watching please watch my other videos too. Thanks 
Vcrazy.harry1987
Vcrazy.harry1987
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@ultimativity: Thanks so much, appreciate it 😊👍
vcrazy.harry.1987
vcrazy.harry.1987
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

@sonic7 : Thanks for your suggestion earlier, here is another attempt. The sing is short in duration therefore video may look rushed 

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago

You've certainly got some creative ideas. Song choice is tops in my opinion - and I 'discovered' this song because of you! - the lyrics, vocals and instrument stellar. I love the line:

I had all and then most of you,
Some and now none of you

Wow! brilliant - doesn't get much better than that - sure, it portrays the loss of the 'girl' but it could apply to other things too. The song sets a high bar for matching visuals to, but you've done a sterling job!
Your avatar characters are likable! - nice design - and you DO capture the emotion. If more planning went into controlled purposeful camera moves, this would go to another level.
I'd even say don't bother with the any obvious effects - like the "split screen" or the "text message". If you really wanted the split screen, you could go with just a soft edge wipe - the idea being to keep the 'melancholy feel' and not be taken away or distracted with graphics - again, just a thought - it's 'art' so no hard and fast - just personal taste/preferences).
Maybe I'm showing my age, but my idea for a good camera angle (or move) is to ask "what's the intention of the shot?" - what's it trying to convey?, - how can that be best executed? Now there's an old saying (at least it was years back) - for grabbing a TV audience's attention - *color & movement*. But color for color's sake and movement for movement's sake isn't going to deliver the best result.

So, what have you got?

* A stellar music track
* Great looking avatars
* Good ideas in various parts
* Some really well captured emotions
* Camera work that (I still think) can be improved on.

Now if you hadn't introduced me to this gem of a song, I wouldn't be as engaged with what you're doing visually with it .... 
Overall it's extremely well done.
I was keen to see how they 'compare': Version 1 has audio in left channel, Version 2 has audio in right channel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.73  3DXChange Pro  CC-3 Pipeline  CT-8  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body Mocap  Popcorn FX  PopVideo  iRAY  Kinect V2  Vegas Pro 16  Mixcraft 8.1 Pro

Edited
5 Months Ago by sonic7
vcrazy.harry.1987
vcrazy.harry.1987
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Wow thanks so much for such detailed analysis, you even made the compare video that's such a nice gesture. After reading your comment i checked both videos to understand your position and realize that what you have mentioned about camera movement that if it was little more planned it could have added so much to the video. And yes split screen effect was not that much required or could have heen more subtle making the experience natural. As i look back now I realize there was a little rush while creating some scenes which could have been avoided as there eas no priduction deadline lol. And yeah the song is so beautiful and soulful that after listening to this song it went in my playlist and is still there. Wanted to do justice to it if i was using it. I will certainly follow your advice from now onwards. Thanks again for much needed advice.. 
Edited
5 Months Ago by vcrazy.harry.1987
vlado dzanko
vlado dzanko
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Great Video

Liebe Grüße Vlado
vcrazy.harry.1987
vcrazy.harry.1987
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you 😊👍

Reading This Topic