FTP photo transfer for 10X Camera Tools Pro

Posted By chitu 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
chitu
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
I love the 10X camera tools pro. It has become my camera and album. However, it is missing one key feature: the ability to transfer files to and from a computer. Exporting to the camera roll is OK, for interoperability with other 3rd party apps, but its pretty lame as an option for transferring to the computer through iTunes. I want to cut out iTunes altogether and work directly between 10X Tools and my computer. (Actually, I use Linux, which is not even supported by iTunes, but I'm sure that Windows and even Mac users would appreciate direct interaction like this.)

Lots of apps that need direct interaction with a computer use a local FTP server for file transfer. One example of this is Photo-Sort, that would have been my Camera replacement, until 10X Tools came along.

Please add this feature--this to me is the one missing feature to make 10X Tools a full Camera replacement: A PC sync option.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Thank you for the feedback. Your suggestions will be reviewed by the iPhone Apps team. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
is there an android version in the works?

LasseS
LasseS
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
I decided to address my point here, for I think it is relevant here..

I would not care about anything else in exporting but to get the tags and geolocation in the pictures to stay intact when exported AND to be exported in full resolution of the original picture.

Currently on my iPhone 3GS I can export to Picasa with full tagging and geolocation, but only max 800X600 pixels, OR I can email or export to camera roll with full resolution but without ANY metadata in the pictures!!!!!

Is there anything that could be done to that? Currently I am planning to export to Picasa with smaller resolution, export to camera roll with full resolution and somehow export-import the tags from the lower-resolution images. And then stop using the application, if nothing can be done to this, for the (most important feature to me) geotagging works with the basic camera, and I can add the tags later outside iPhone.

Thanks for a reply, any reply..

Lasse Saari

[edit] Now I read on the 10X Camera tools -site (http://iphone.reallusion.com/10XCamera/smartalbum.asp) that the data SHOULD be saved in the JPG-file when exported to Camera Roll. Is that true? I have tried it several times, but the metadata is almost completely gone on export. (I just upgraded to os4 on my 3GS, would that be a problem? I think I had the same problem already before, but am not absolutely sure..)
Edited
14 Years Ago by LasseS
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi Lasse,

I'm not a iPhone user so can't help with your question sadly. For support with this problem, please contact Reallusion Support using the link below. They should be able to answer your query.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic