CC screws (distorts hairs)

Posted By Makumba666 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
That is quite *normal* behavior (in any CC version). Hair is trying to conform to a new head shape morphs and gets screwed up in a way.
While there are many ways to deal with it (edit mesh, edit weights, scaling, subdividing, conforming) and probably each particular case depending on a *scale* of damage would require different approach, one would always work fine.
And that is the method offered by Scyra:
Converting to accessory on the base figure which the hair was brought into CC with (selecting a bake option at the prompt).
And then applying it to any other figure, scaling/tweaking transform if necessary and then Transferring Weight as Hair.

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Makumba666
Makumba666
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
UPDATE: I've tried importing hairs with base figures. It helps (thanks Kelleytoons), but some minor problem still exist:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bfce0fc1-e9e0-4e97-af09-033e.jpg
If you compare with image in first message, it seems significantly better, but deffects still exist. Sad If you are going to show this character from 1 m or further away, it will look great, but from 30 cm it does not. 
I think in it's current state it is useless to create hairs content library - better import them when needed, with characters that will wear them. May be Reallusion fixes it in next releases.
Anyway, problem is solved, I know workaround how I can have great looking charater.
Thanks all.

Reading This Topic