Profile Picture

Beginners question related to PSD import

Posted By mrpoppins 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mrpoppins
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm very new to CTA4 (watched a number of tutorials and did some experimentation...).

I'm trying to do the following:
  • Draw a simple figure in Photoshop. I have a number of layers (one for head, one for eyes, one for both arms...).
  • I drop it onto CTA4 and choose to create a character.
  • Now I want to create some custom bones to do some simple animations.
For some reason, some layers only show part of the drawing. E.g. the layer with the eyes only shows the left eye. The right eye is gone (not related to masking). The only way I'm able to get both eyes to display seems to connect them with a line, which is not what I want.
Also, in the layer manager, I'm not able to drag bone hierarchies to other layers (which I do a lot in other tools). 

I'm a bit lost on how to do these simple things (which seem to be possible if I'd use sprites+masking according to the tutorials). I thought PSD import would make these things easier. Does anybody have some ideas what I should do?

Thanks!

vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I find , the easiest way is use the launch button in the composer mode , to load a figure to your grafik app .Use this now as template and fill the layer with your own sprites. Press Save do uptated the Character in the composermode.  I use clipstudio and it works nice fast and easy

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

mrpoppins
mrpoppins
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks. But what if I don't want to do a template-based character. Imagine I want to do the walking mummy from the tutorial, but start out with a PSD where all the layers are already nicely separated.

Reading This Topic