Iclone to Character Creator

Posted By Brianna_M 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Brianna_M
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have an FBX file from a third party. I can open it into Iclone7 and 3DXChange. What I cannot seem to do is get the skin on it I want to use from CC3 that I have.  Or I would like to get this saved as a project the can be opened or a file format that can be imported into CC3.  What Can I do to get my skin on this fbx?  The ultimate goal is to sent this to Unity the add to a game via their pipeline setup in Unity.If needed I can provide more information on what I am trying to do.  By the way I can get the skin I have in CC3 onto the avitar in CC3 so I know it works.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Brianna_M
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Just a (sort of) guess but if you mean you saved a skin from a CC3 character that skin is a series of maps applied to a certain set of UVs.  Unless the FBX file you are using is from another CC3 character there's no way you can use that same set of maps.

You could, for example, try applying the diffuse map from a CC3 character onto a character that is not CC3, but it wouldn't map properly (the eyes wouldn't line up on the face, the nipples on the body, etc.)  So "skins" can only be applied from the same exact type of mesh they were designed for.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Brianna_M
Brianna_M
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)

Could I export the CC3 into unity and use the map it creates here?  Is that what your suggesting?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Again, only if the map from Unity could be applied to your character (so it would need to be exactly the same UVs on the same mesh as your character).

Or, to look at it another way, the only way to use such "skin" is to create a character FROM one of the meshes that uses that skin.  If you export the base CC3 into Blender or some such and then alter it in some way that does NOT subtract or add verts (IOW, you just push and move them around) then that character can use the same skins.  That's the only sure way you can do this.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Brianna_M
Brianna_M
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I finally did get it to export to an iAvatar file. Now I would like to open it in CC3 but it fails.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, that won't help.

CC uses CC meshes specifically.  You can use Transformer to convert Genesis and Hivewire avatars into CC, but nothing else.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic