Posted By Gerskey 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Can You Help Me With Upgrading To A New Computer With £1500

Author
Gerskey
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Community,
I have put away £20 a month for the last few years to buy a new computer. 
I have £1500 now.
All I'm asking is advice and help so I can run Reallusion programs smoothly.
Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Peace
Gerskey
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 minutes ago
Gerskey, I assume you want to buy a PC, not build one. You want to look for game-ready PCs as they have similar specs that are suitable for iClone, etc.

I'm in the US, so I converted your budget to US dollars, which comes to around $1925.00. You probably have to pay VAT, so that shrinks your effective budget.

As I have good experience with an AlienWare laptop, I looked for an AlienWare PC. 

I don't know if the link expires or not, but this is what I came up with: 
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/alienware-aurora-gaming-desktop/spd/alienware-aurora-r8-desktop/wdauror842snvd?configurationid=8dcfd962-058c-48b7-9196-62373ce9d5cf

To summarize in case the link is expired:

- CPU: Intel i7 9700 (cheapest i7 they offer)
- OS: Windows 10 Pro (always get Pro, so you can control Windows updates)
- GPU: RTX 2070, best option with 8 GB of VRAM, you don't want less than that
- RAM: 16 GB; 32 GB preferred but that would be outside budget.
- Drives: 512 GB SSD (boot); 2 GB hard drive (more is better but would be outside budget)

It helps to play with their website a bit because in doing so I got the same configuration for less: $1739.

Black Friday is coming up so you may be able to get some good deals. But what I suggested should be your minimum.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by animagic
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Gerskey, if you can take a line of credit and extend out your buying power, get the 2080Ti GPU, it will be a better GPU for a little more.
It will put your abilities in iClone and Unreal Engine to the top potential near your budget.

Reading This Topic