Profile Picture

My MacBook Pro crashes during working with CA4

Posted By Life On Marzj 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Life On Marzj
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, I'm trying to work on my MacBook Pro (late 2011, graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB)  but soon after launching CA4 and I start working with one of the characters that are already in the program (so not a custom one) the screen turns to white with a lot of stripes and colours go thru it. I don't have this issue on my iMac. The macbook works great and doesn't show any issues in other programs like Photoshop. I would think it's an issue with my graphic card, but why does this only happen when I'm using CA4? Does anyone recognise this problem?
When the screen does this error thing nothing works anymore.. the only thing I can do is restart the computer...
I also tried reinstalling CA4...but the problem is still there..

Hopefully someone can help!
garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Check the system requirements, in case your old laptop doesn't really measure up or is, at best, borderline.

Scroll about halfway down this page and make sure you expand the Show More link to get the full story.  You might spot something to explain the problem…

Hope this helps!

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

Reading This Topic