Texture Question

Posted By jkwenstad 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jkwenstad
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey Guys,
I messed around with the new plug-in last night and came across some questions.  But first, here is the result from an hour+ test run.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1ceb756c-e185-48a6-afa9-6c11.png

So, the results are ok, but I think they would be better if I had better controls on the texture image.  It seems to brighten the face too much in the center and fade into a skin texture towards the back.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9a53b04-0787-42dc-befa-f2d5.png

Is there a way to adjust the blending between the the face and the skin texture?  Feels strange to have highlights baked into the texture.
Another question is that there is some clean-up to do on the texture as well.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/94f2969d-dc8e-488a-9f2b-9cb9.png

I think the issue is that the shadow is baked in the image, is there a way to control the shadows in the image?

Anyhow, it would be great if there was an in dept tutorial that talks about these issues and best practices to correct them.   Any hints or tips would be welcome as well.
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week

Maybe even a wee tool/slider to addjust and remove the light from the source image?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi...

On the Headshot panel you do have options to adjust the mask to compensate for left or right shadows (see below). This can help but you can also take the source image into an image editor first and even out the lighting there.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dfcc68cb-4449-443f-891e-8898.png

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jkwenstad
jkwenstad
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Is there an example on how to even out the lighting.  I tried another image that seemed to be a bit more even, but I'm running into similar issues.  especially around the nostrils and center of the face.  Maybe if their was a way to add an alpha channel on the texture that somehow would even out the highlights.  here is another image for example:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/69fae09d-0ab9-495d-8f16-f86a.png
jkwenstad
jkwenstad
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Here are my thoughts on helping out this situation:
       1. Maybe there could be a generated skin texture without the photo and the
           skin texture that is generated from the photo that could be combined with
           a slider with different modes.  For example the photo could be added with
           a multiply mode, add mode, overlay mode. 
        2. Editing the Mask.  I was able to take some of the highlights down a bit
            using the adjust color option and turning down the brightness, but it also
            effects the lips and eye brows.  If we could edit the mask...  never mind... 
            that might cause other issues.
        3. Maybe the mask detects just the lips, eyebrows and nostrils that get added
            to a generated skin color.  And then we can "overlay" the skin on top of that
            with an influence slider.

I'm just throwing out ideas...  Or if anyone can make a tutorial in photoshop or action keys...  please do Smile
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 59 minutes ago
Google "remove skin shine". You'll find tons of tutorials.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 59 minutes ago
Here is online glare remover. Has some other options as well.
http://makeup.pho.to/reduce-face-shine/?from=mobile-promo-page

Reading This Topic